Forum keeps timing out and asking me to sign back in

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Forum keeps timing out and asking me to sign back in

Hi Sherrie,

Not sure why but today (and last Saturday) whenever I am posting messages I am presented with a message saying I am being asked to leave or stay on the current page.

I have to press Ctrl+C to save my post and then log back in and repost the message.

It's a bit time consuming and I'm not sure why it happens.

Any clues on how to lengthen the time I am logged in for or is there a way to stay permanently logged in once we have signed in?

Many thanks - will have to log back in later as time is on now on the run.
      Cheers,

Ozgal (LCHF looks like the plan for me)

It's all about the journey!
    • Re: Forum keeps timing out and asking me to sign back in

I have a long time out of atleast 30 mins which I did for Annelies and you can stay permanently logged in by checking remember me when you go to log in, I will log out and take a screenie on my iPad to show you where it is in a minute.

But your problem will be something to do with cookies and your browser. Have you tried clearing your cookies and browser cache?

Here you go, when you log in on the right hand corner you will see a little box with remember be along side it, check it and then log in.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]2237[/ATTACH]
      Files
      • image.jpg

(481.56 kB, downloaded 1 times, last: )

Hi Sherrie,

Thanks for the tips. I think I have used "Remember Me" previously. Not sure if I clicked it last or before entering name and password. Have clicked it first and now entered name and password, so hopefully that works. I think I may also click Logout when leaving so may not do that anymore. Could very well be something to do with browser settings and cookies. Will check that out further. Thanks again for all your help.
      Cheers,

Ozgal (LCHF looks like the plan for me)

It's all about the journey!