Low Carb Peanut Butter Balls

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Peanut Butter Balls

These low carb peanut butter balls are really good, even better then what I expected them to be. There's something to be said for dipping things in chocolate and peanuts, its trickier then I thought as the centres are nice and creamy and not hard. I suggest setting them in the freezer first to give them a bit more firmness. I used what I think are called fondant forks, which I bought ages ago for making truffles which i never did get around to. Don't make the balls too big that way gravity doesn't interfere too much when you are twirling them around in the chocolate and nuts.

Luckily it doesn't matter so much if the chocolate is a bit messy as they will be covered in peanuts anyway!

There's nothing too special about these, you can use any granular sweetener but I'm not sure how they would go with a liquid sweetener, if they would make them too soft. Feel free to test!

Whether you add salt depends on whether the peanut butter you use is salty or not so test your peanut butter first!

These make over 30 balls and can be stored in the fridge or freezer. I just took one out of the freezer this morning and it was great not hard at all. I used tagatose so if you use a different sweetener can you please test one in the freezer overnight for me and let me know how it was?

Any similar high carb recipe I came across used 3 to 4 cups of sugar, bleck I have no idea how someone could need so much sugar, these are great with just 1/2 cup!

You can also lower the carbohydrate count more by changing to a lower carb nut butter, the choice is yours!

Low Carb Peanut Butter Balls

Filling:
      250g/8.8oz cream cheese
      1.5/13.2oz cups of natural peanut butter, I used a combination of smooth and crunchy (if non salty add a pinch of salt)
      1/2 cup of granular sweetener (feel free to check batter and adjust to your taste)
      1 tsp of vanilla paste or extract

Coating:
      200g/7oz 85% lindt
      250g/8.8oz chopped peanuts

Beat filling until combined and set firm in freezer a bit to help you form balls.

Use a teaspoon to measure and form into balls, place balls onto a baking tray lined with baking paper and then put back in frdge/freezer to firm up a bit.

Melt chocolate in a bowl sitting over simmering water. Place chopped peanuts into a separate bowl.

Dip balls into the chocolate until completely covered then cover with peanuts and place back on lined baking tray

Pop back into fridge and freezer to set.

Makes at least 30, I still had some chocolate left which I let my daughter play with :)

Nutritional Information:

I have included nutritional information minus the sweetener, as that varies on what you use. Also you likely will not use all of the chocolate and chopped peanuts but these counts assume you use everything.

Whole recipe

Calories: 5741
      Fat: 498.7g
      Carbs: 106.98g
      Protein: 193.4g

30 Balls

Calories: 191
      Fat: 16.6g
      Carbs: 3.5g
      Protein: 6.5g

40 Balls

Calories: 143.5
      Fat: 12.5g
      Carbs: 2.7g
      Protein: 4.8g

Note: when working out the peanut butter I assumed 1 cup = 250g as I forgot to weigh!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: added nutritional information ().