Low Carb, Dairy Free Chocolate Mousse

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb, Dairy Free Chocolate Mousse

I decided to make a low carb chocolate mousse today using avocado instead of cream, making it dairy free. I also used coconut cream which I keep in the fridge, when you keep coconut cream in the fridge it goes solid making it easy to use instead of cream as a dairy free whipped cream. I am not sure if the texture will be different if you used coconut cream from the pantry.

This is quite rich so have it with berries and toasted nuts. I decided to add a shot of espresso to mine at the last minute but its not necessary. The bowl in the photo I used is 175ml so just double or triple the recipe to make a bigger batch. This is very easy to make with a stick blender.

[h=2]Low Carb, Dairy Free Chocolate Mousse[/h]

Ingredients:

1 Avocado, skin and seed removed.
      1/4 cup pure cocoa powder
      2 dessert spoons of coconut cream (just add according to the texture/taste you want)
      Sweetener to taste (I used about 4 teaspoons of tagatose which wasnt very sweet)

Optional: feel free to add either

1 shot of espresso
      vanilla extract
      cinnamon
      pinch of salt

Method:

Using a stick blender or food processor blitz ingredients until thoroughly combined and smooth.

Serve with berries and chopped toasted nuts.