Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Garlic

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Garlic

This is a very basic low carb vegetable recipe, but I thought I probably should start adding basic recipes also because its about ideas. We had this with our Roast chicken last night, it was really yum, you could add other veggies to it also like some onion.

[h=2]Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Garlic[/h]

Ingredients:

500g bag of frozen brussel sprouts
      1 clove of crushed garlic
      Bacon rashers diced
      Butter
      Pepper for seasoning

Method:

Parboil/steam brussel sprouts and drain.

Pan fry bacon and garlic in butter/ghee for about 5 minutes and then add brussel sprouts and cook until done to your tastes.

Season with pepper if desired and serve. The bacon should take care of the salt.

We had ours with roast chicken.
    • Re: Brussel Sprouts with Bacon and Garlic

This is my kind of dish !!! But , surprise surprise DH doesn't like Brussel sprouts. I don't think he is alone in that feeling though.
      Picture - fabulous as always Sherrie and yes would even be great with cabbage or silverbeet . YUM
      Less of me - more of life !

Sounds good for cabbage - never thought if it!!

More simple vege recipes (especially ones that can be reheated) are a great idea. - very slack vege cook here!

By the way Sherrie: (I sure this is a dumb question) but what is pure beef gelatin? Is this the same as powdered gelatin?

We are all a little bit broken - but that's ok.

I'm not sure, gelatin in the supermarket etc is usually full of preservatives. I buy this from the US, it's just gelatin from grass fed cows and nothing else. It's meant to be very good for you so I've been trying to think of things I can shove it in :)

Of course having lots of home made bone broths is even better, we plan on doing this soon also.