LC Sesame Prawn Toast (using oopsie rolls)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• LC Sesame Prawn Toast (using oopsie rolls)

Look I have just dreamed up this idea, but have yet to try it. I'll pop the recipe down here just in case someone wants to try it before I get the chance. I tend to think it will work out, in that the oopsie rolls will hold up during the frying process. I have made French Toast using oopsies, and they worked out just fine during frying, so these shoild too!

Sesame Prawn Toast using Oopsie Rolls

500g chopped green prawn meat

1 garlic clove, crushed

1 tsp grated ginger

1 egg white

2 spring onions, chopped

2 tsp tamari

Salt & pepper

1 tbsp sesame seeds

peanut oil or sunflower oil, for frying

Oopsie rolls, cut into quarters

1. Place prawn meat, garlic, ginger, egg white, onions, salt and pepper and tamari in a food processor and blend until it becomes a paste.

2. Spread prawn paste onto oopsie roll quarters and sprinkle with sesame seeds.

3. Heat 1-2cm of oil in a wok or deep frying pan, and place toasts prawn side down into the oil. Shallow-fry in batches for 1-2 minute, or until golden. Flip and cook for a further minute. Remove toasts with a slotted spoon and drain on paper towels until ready to serve.

We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

The post was edited 1 time, last by helenaangelina ().