Cheesecake Ice Cream (No ice cream machine required!)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Cheesecake Ice Cream (No ice cream machine required!)

This little gem was inspired by Chris's 'Blueberry Cheesecake Mousse' which is made with coconut milk. I don't have an ice cream machine, and suffice to say, I am a little bit rapt with this recipe! I only made a small amount, and the whole affair was all sort of a happy accident.

No-Churn Cheesecake Ice Cream

1/3 tin of coconut cream (I just used it straight from the pantry, but I imagine straight from the fridge would be better)
      150-odd grams cream cheese (I used Coles Spreadable Cream Cheese, as it's all I had on hand)
      1 capful of vanilla bean extract
      SF maple syrup to taste
      4 pkts splenda, or to taste

Blitz everything up with a stick blender until thickened and combined. Pop in a small bowl and throw in the freezer for an hour or so. After an hour, blend again with a stick mixer and pop back into the freezer for another hour or so. Keep this up for a few goes and after 2-4 hours you can just dig in and eat it, as it will be a lovely consistency. Or, if you keep it in the freezer for another day, be warned that it will go block hard, so you will have to take it out for half an hour to an hour before serving, to soften.

You could add blueberries, raspberries, strawberries, cocoa etc And of course, you could increase the yield of the recipe. I just love that I have a no-churn recipe that I can make on a day where I'm at home, starting in the afternoon so it's ready for dessert in the evening. Enjoy my lovelies.
      We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

• Thanks for the inspiration Chris!

So guys, glad you like the recipe, my little tip is that after about 3 to 4 hours it's perfect to eat on the spot, as it's like a soft serve ice cream consistency (without that icyness that happens with lc and no-churn recipes). And I would increase the recipe if you'e making it for more than one person too. :)
      We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.