Chocolate Tiramisu

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Chocolate Tiramisu

Chocolate Tiramisu

For faux-savioardi biscuits make 2 x choc-protein oopsie slabs (without cream cheese).

Ingredients and instructions for 1 choc-oopsie slab (make sure you double these ingredients to make 2):

3 eggs, separated

pinch cream of tartar

1 ½ scoops chocolate protein powder

2 heaped tsp cocoa

Sweetener, to taste

SF maple syrup, to taste

Preheat oven 150C.

In one bowl, beat egg whites with cream of tartar until stiff peaks form.

In a separate bowl, beat egg yolks, cocoa, protein powder, sweetener and maple syrup until combined.

With a spatula, gently fold a ¼ of the egg whites into the chocolate mixture, then add the rest of the whites and fold through until combined.

Spread mixture into 1 large rectangle onto prepared cookie sheet, and bake for half an hour.

Take oopsie slab out of oven and allow to cool completely on the counter. Make another choc-oopsie slab.

Cut oopsie slabs into squares that will fit a square tin, or into squares that will fit individual ramekins.

Ingredients and recipe for mascarpone cream:

1 cup strong black coffee

½ cup marsala or coffee liqueur like kahlua, tia maria (optional)

3 eggs, separated

⅓ cup caster sugar substitute

250g mascarpone

300ml thickened cream

Cocoa, for dusting

Pour coffee and marsala into a shallow dish and set aside.

In a medium bowl, lightly whip the cream.

In a large bowl, beat egg yolks and sugar substitute until thick and pale. Add the mascarpone & whipped cream, mixing gently until just combined.

Beat egg whites in a separate bowl until soft peaks form. Using a spatula, gently fold egg whites into the mascarpone mixture.

Dip 1 chocolate oopsie square into coffee/liqueur mixture, and lay in a square tin or individual ramekins. Cover with a layer of mascarpone and repeat. Finish with a layer of mascarpone and dust with cocoa.

Serve immediately or cover and refrigerate.

The choc-oopsie slab comes out cakey, so they are a perfect replacement for flour and sugar laden savioardi. A photo coming soon! :)

We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

The post was edited 1 time, last by helenaangelina ().

• Thanks guys. My Dad, who wont go near sweetener, loved it and couldn't detect that it was sugarless and flourless - score! It turns out much prettier than my pictures, and tastes amazebals! I think the chocolate oopsie slab would make an amazing base for all sorts of cakes actually. I'm quite happy with that little invention. :)
      We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.