Low Carb Ham and Rice Salad

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Ham and Rice Salad

I made this low carb ham and rice salad up yesterday to use up some of our leftover Christmas ham as well as some cauliflower rice I had left in the fridge from the night before. I was surprised how nice this was, you could change the salad ingredients with what ever you have on hand, the important ingredient is the caulirice anything else can change how you see fit. This was on the spot so I didn't measure but I'm guessing I used around 2 cups maybe a touch more of cold caulirice.

To prepare a batch of cauliflower rice, just process a head of cauliflower in a food processor until it resembles rice. Heat up a fry pan with a small amount of butter/ghee and/or some coconut oil and panfry the cauliflower rice for a few minutes or so until soft. Then store in the fridge until cold.

Low Carb Ham and Rice Salad

Ingredients:

2 cups of Cauliflower Rice, cold

Sliced Ham, diced

handful of Cherry tomatoes, cut into wedges

1/2 to 1 Cucumber, diced

1 avocado, diced

1 spring onion sliced on an angle /

Garnish

Handful of fresh herbs, chopped (I used coriander)

Handful of shaved almonds roasted lightly in oven

Dressing

1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice or apple cider vinegar

1-2 tablespoons olive oil

salt and pepper

Method:

Combine lemon or vinegar with olive oil and season lightly then shake in jar to combine.

Combine salad ingredients except garnish in a medium bowl then add a spoonful or two of dressing (less is more as you can always add dressing after serving)

Sprinkle garnishes on top and serve

Easy :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • It's great with a curry, I love the cauliflower rice now. Will be interesting to see if I will still like spaghetti squash with my curries when I harvest them in a few months!
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.