Low Carb Pasta Dough (you boil it and everything!)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Pasta Dough (you boil it and everything!)

I found this recipe from lipstickandleisure.com

I made it tonight, which was very filling, and the rest is in the freezer ready to be thrown into a pot at a moments notice. I warn you though, you basically blanch the pasta for 10 seconds and drain immediately! I added garlic powder to my dough. Here's a pic I took too.

Low Carb Pasta

4 eggs
      125 g cream cheese
      1/2 cup psyllium husk powder

Blend all ingredients together with a food processor or stick mixer. Allow to sit for 10 minutes to thicken up.

Using coconut flour for dusting, roll your pasta into thin sheets between 2 pieces of baking paper. Lift paper off and cut into any shape you want. I made small ribbons. ( Ithink longer ribbons will stick together too much, but this would be perfect for lasagne sheets!)

Cook as you would normal pasta, in salted boiling water, but only for 10 seconds! Serve with any sauce you fancy.

You can also cut your pasta then freeze it between baking paper, wrapped in cling film and then foil, for another day as I have.
      :)
      Files
      We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.

• Thanks Serena :)

Di, I only made half a batch because I wanted to see if it would work first. But if you look at the lipstick and leisure site, I think it saud 4 servings? I ate half of my (half batch), which was a tiny amount, but I was full afterwards!!
      We're all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars.