Dr. Ron Rosedale's, "Protein, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Dr. Ron Rosedale's, "Protein, the Good, the Bad, and the Ugly"

Protein: The Good, The Bad and The Ugly

By RON ROSEDALE, M.D. | Published: NOVEMBER 21, 2011

This is an interview with Shelley Schlender, KGNU radio, Boulder, Colorado. Thank you Shelley for the article, graphics and the interview below. You can learn more about Shelley and her passion for exposing the truth in health at her website, Me and My Diabetes

Ron Rosedale recommends adequate protein and warns that excess protein is bad for health.

He gave this talk at the American Society of Bariatric Physicians (ASBP) meeting Oct 31, 2006. They’re medical experts who work to reduce obesity. As part of the 2006 presentations, the ASBP included a special segment that featured low-carb diets, researchers and scientists who are connected to the Nutrition and Metabolism Society. Special thanks to Instatapes for recording this presentation.

A short excerpt:

We know that sugar, foods that turn into sugar, raise insulin, IGF accelerate aging, worsens diabetes. It’s horrible for you. Now I’m telling you that extra protein isn’t good for you either. It appears to accelerate the MTOR pathway and has all kinds of debilitating effect, not the least of which is stimulating cancer.

Fat. Eat fat.Fat appears not to stimulate insulin. It does not stimulate the MTOR pathway. It does not cause an increase of leptin and in fact it keeps it down. And our health is going to be dependent on what our hormones tell our brains to do, whether to be hungry or not. If you keep leptin down and your hypothalamus can listen to leptin, you are not going to overeat. When leptin is down it stimulates fat burning. It helps diabetes. It helps all sorts of things. I’ve been doing this for over two decades now, and I can tell you for sure it happens.

You have to regulate the hormones that regulate your brain, and you do this by diet, and then you can affect the rate of aging and the incidence of the diseases associated with aging.
      LCHF Maintenance, Goal: Health First.
      Daily averages of 50-60P: 110-130F: 30-35C

UTC -5 hours

The post was edited 2 times, last by Serena ().