Fat burners that actually work

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Fat burners that actually work

Heat a cup of water, add 1 teaspoon of coffee, 1 bag of green tea, and leave for 7 minutes then drink. Add to this mixture 1/2 a tablet of aspirin. Do this about 3 times a day. Oh, you can also squeeze some lemon juice in there as it has been shown to help withdraw the maximum amount of antioxidants from the green tea. If this mix is beginning to sound horrible, then feel free to take the above four ingredients the way you see fit.

[Blocked Image: https://lh3.googleusercontent.com/-yMuqaUlc7eA/AAAAAAAAAAI/AAAAAAAAAEc/e1o10Sc9q3k/photo.jpg]

Is this combo as effective as ephedrine? I'd have to say yes for the simple reason that you can stay on this long term, where ephedrine would make your heart race so much that its side effects would quickly outweigh its benefits.

[Blocked Image: http://www.fitnessential.co/wp-content/uploads/2012/12/Uses-for-Coffee-Grounds.jpg]

Let me qualify what long term means in the context of what we’re trying to achieve here. Long term here could mean a few weeks or several months to get the job done, or at least to help you budge out of a situation where fat is being stubborn to shift. I am not (and have never been one) for an easy way out okay. So this isn’t about relying on something to take the place of some kick ass weight training program, coupled with some heart pounding HIIT sessions no, it’s to be used as a supplement instead of a replacement to some serious discipline please. Thank you.

[Blocked Image: http://golfbellescentral.com/GolfBellesCentral/wp-content/uploads/aspirin.png]
      Pill form in anything is always going to give you more of a "kick", but side effects are also more. I'd rather have green tea for its catechins instead of popping a green tea extract capsule. Green tea has more than just one chemical; it has the amino acid L-Theanine which is an amazing mind relaxant, (without the sleepiness).

One gram of green tea steeped in 100 ml of water yields 127 milligrams of catechins. In comparison, 100 grams of dark chocolate contains 54 milligrams, blueberries 52 milligrams and black grapes only 22 milligrams.

[Blocked Image: http://greenyatrablog.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/04/lemon-being-squeezed.jpg]

Having said the above, nothing, but nothing beats a caloric deficit achieved through calorie expenditure via some serious hard core training, such as high rep squatting / deadlifting and burpees for example. And yes, a bare minimum reduction of calories would also make things a bit easier for you to achieve your desired goal. What I'm emphasising here is work work and more work over heavy reliance on caloric reduction. You’ll look best for it at the end because you’ve let your body take care of its composition of muscle to fat ratio, instead of starving yourself and losing a ton of muscles in the process, where you’d end up at your desired weight, but not at how you would have wanted to look.

Aspirin potentiates the thermogenic effect of the other two ingredients I listed. Likewise naringenin, (found in grapefruit and grapefruit juice) prolongs the caffeine effect. Theophylline and catechins (which are found in green tea) have also been reported to be thermogenic.

For the information that I have provided, I heavily relied on two sources: one of them is Dr. Michael Colgan from his book, The New Nutrition: Medicine for the Millennium (1996); and my other real life source was what real bodybuilders in Lebanon were taking when I was there in 2007.

Michael Colgan, PhD, CCN, is a biochemist and physiologist nutritionist who gained recognition through his articles in the bodybuilding magazine Muscular Development and also through his books. In other words, he wrote against the establishment and recognised what actually worked rather than what some giant organisations / companies would want us to believe actually works...

Here’s a bonus for your beautiful or handsome face as the case may be, (and who doesn’t want that perfect and flawless looking complexion hu!). A non-coated aspirin, some lemon juice, and some baking soda. Mixed together for a face mask. Please check it out on the net for more specific information at your own leisure.

Soon, I’ll present you with (yet another), but a different approach to help you burn some unwanted excess weight.

All power to the APOH Team.
    • A small word of caution regarding Aspirin - this is in a class of drugs called Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - not everyone should be taking it randomly. Although taking an occasional aspirin or two is safe for most adults to use for headaches, body aches or fever, daily use of aspirin can have serious side effects, including internal bleeding. Aspirin is contraindicated in patients with known allergy to NSAIDs and in patients with asthma, rhinitis, and nasal polyps.

Side Effects of NSAIDsLike any drug, NSAIDs can have side effects. The side effects can vary a bit from drug to drug, but most commonly include:

Stomach upset or nausea
      Stomach pain
      Heartburn
      Diarrhea
      Less common but potentially serious side effects of NSAIDs include:

Stomach ulcer and bleeding
      Increased blood pressure
      Allergic reaction -- hives, facial swelling, asthma/wheezing
      Some people may be at higher risk for side effects or other problems with NSAIDs. Talk with you doctor before taking any NSAID if you:

Are over age 60
      Are pregnant or nursing
      Have three or more drinks of alcohol every day
      Have bleeding problems
      Have liver or kidney disease
      Have heart disease
      Take a medicine to thin the blood, such as warfarin (Coumadin)
      Take a medicine for high blood pressure

My advise - do not start taking Aspirin until you have talked to your GP
      Less of me - more of life !

The post was edited 1 time, last by ChrisA ().

• ChrisA wrote:

A small word of caution regarding Aspirin - this is in a class of drugs called Nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs - not everyone should be taking it randomly. Although taking an occasional aspirin or two is safe for most adults to use for headaches, body aches or fever, daily use of aspirin can have serious side effects, including internal bleeding. Aspirin is contraindicated in patients with known allergy to NSAIDs and in patients with asthma, rhinitis, and nasal polyps.

Side Effects of NSAIDsLike any drug, NSAIDs can have side effects. The side effects can vary a bit from drug to drug, but most commonly include:

Stomach upset or nausea
      Stomach pain
      Heartburn
      Diarrhea
      Less common but potentially serious side effects of NSAIDs include:

Stomach ulcer and bleeding
      Increased blood pressure
      Allergic reaction -- hives, facial swelling, asthma/wheezing
      Some people may be at higher risk for side effects or other problems with NSAIDs. Talk with you doctor before taking any NSAID if you:

Are over age 60
      Are pregnant or nursing
      Have three or more drinks of alcohol every day
      Have bleeding problems
      Have liver or kidney disease
      Have heart disease
      Take a medicine to thin the blood, such as warfarin (Coumadin)
      Take a medicine for high blood pressure

My advise - do not start taking Aspirin until you have talked to your GP
      100% agree, thank you.
    • Another great thing about the L-theanine in tea is that it 'tames' the stimulant effect of caffeine, making it last longer and result in less of a crash! If you usually get jittery from caffeine or other stimulants, the theanine helps by making the stimulant onset gradual, rather than having a sudden hit of energy.
      Personal Trainer
      The difference between 'try' and 'triumph' is a little umph.