Future of cancer therapy – is it already here? Dr Gary Fettke says yes!

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Future of cancer therapy – is it already here? Dr Gary Fettke says yes!

I thought some may find this article on ketogenic diets and cancer interesting :)

‘So you think you need sugar? Your cancer needs it even more’ – a presentation by Dr Gary Fettke

Could we have been travelling down the wrong road of cancer treatment for 90 years? This opens up a whole new way of managing cancer, based
      on a nutritional approach that is cheaper and doesn’t have the bad side effects of conventional treatment.

Cancer rates are rising worldwide. We never used to see cancers in traditional societies, such as the Inuit and the people of New Guinea,
      but now we do. Estimates are that there will be a 70% increase in cancers over the next 20 years especially in developing nations, and
      there is already a 3% increase in children’s cancers per annum. One in two men and one in three women will develop cancer.

There is an increasing incidence of worldwide cancer and poorer prognosis.

The genetic model of cancer doesn’t make sense. It raises the question: is cancer a problem of chromosomal damage as we’ve been
      taught? But what if the chromosomal damage is just a cancer marker, not the cause. What if the model is wrong, if we are doing things the wrong
      way when treating cancer? If we have been going down the wrong road for 90 years?

Read the rest here:

Future of cancer therapy – is it already here? Dr Gary Fettke says yes!
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • A good friend of mine is a major supporter of the ketogenic diet for cancer sufferers. He recently opened a "ketogenic cafe" in Germany (he has been spending a lot of time in Germany seeking treatment for bowel cancer. He was given 12 months to live 5 years ago).

He is passionate about the benefits of the ketogenic diet.
    • Great news about your good friend beating his cancer like that and opening the Cafe, here's to many more years for your friend!

My partner has follicular lymphoma which they cant cure but it starts off quite slow, hes apparently had it for quite some time usually old people get it whom pass away from other causes so they don't seem to know too much about it like they do with other blood cancers. He is doing low carb/paleo, sometimes he would be ketogenic but not always.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.