Lemon, Garlic and Thyme Chicken Drumsticks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Lemon, Garlic and Thyme Chicken Drumsticks

I put these drumsticks together last night because I wanted something really low carb to have with some of my freshly grown butternut pumpkin. I went with the same flavours I use when Roasting a whole chicken because its my favourite combo.

Low Carb Lemon, Garlic and Thyme Chicken Drumsticks

Ingredients

1 kg chicken drumsticks (I had 7 drumsticks)
      2 Lemons
      2 cloves of garlic, crushed
      30ml olive oil
      fresh thyme leaves
      freshly ground salt and pepper
      butter

Method

Combine the juice of two lemons, garlic, thyme and olive oil in a tight fitting non metallic bowl and marinate drumsticks in the fridge for a few hours.

Preheat oven to 190C

Melt some butter in the baking dish. Add some salt and pepper to chicken and marinade then pour into baking dish.

If roasting veg, prepare veg and place around the drumsticks and coat in pan juices.

Place in oven and bake for about an hour, turning half way through. Turn heat up a touch towards the end if you need to brown more. I went a bit over an hour I think with it on 200 towards the end with some butter dabbed on top because I like at least one side nice and crispy :)

Serve and pour over some of the pan juices. I allowed the remaining juices in the pan to cool and it was nice and jelled so I put in a dish and whacked in the fridge to reuse.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • I have been making these again for Maya's lunches, yesterday I made a bunch using winglets, they're such a hit and so simple :)

I use plenty of olive oil and butter so there's plenty of juices to serve aswell as when reheating some, any leftover juices I use to crispy fry some eggs for my lunch, tastes awesome! :)

image.jpeg
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.