5:2 (intermittent fasting) in combination with low-carb

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• 5:2 (intermittent fasting) in combination with low-carb

Has anyone ever considered combining the popular 5:2 (intermittent fasting) diet with low-carb?

This is where you keep calories extremely low (600 calories for men) on 2 days per week.

I feel like I could do this in combination with low-carb quite easily, since I don't get very hungry on a low-carb diet anyway. I was just reading about the 5:2 diet and thought that it might be useful as a way to jump over those annoying plateaus.

Or is it better to go with the slow-but-steady approach?
    • Personally I feel the body adapts to that too and if there's still a lot to lose I would leave those type of things if necessary to when you're close to goal. plus some people don't psychologically handle planned fasts. I think our body naturally has its own type of fasting days on occasion when it needs it or when we're sick.

That's just my personal opinion.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.