Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken

The whole family loves this recipe & using the slow cooker means everyone can eat when they need to before racing to sport, training etc this recipe comes from Spark Recipes

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken Recipe | SparkRecipes

Slow Cooker Salsa Chicken

Nutrition Info
      • Calories: 177.5
      • Fat: 4.1g
      • Carbohydrates: 7.3g
      • Protein: 27.2g
      Ingredients
      2 pounds (32 ounces) chicken breasts, boneless and skinless ( I use chicken thighs instead so they dont dry out )
      1 cup salsa, homemade or purchased
      1 cup petite diced canned tomatoes (choose low-sodium)
      2 tablespoons Taco Seasoning ( I use 1 packet of low salt )
      1 cup onions, diced fine
      1/2 cup celery diced fine
      1/2 cup carrots, shredded ( I didnt include these )
      3 tablespoons sour cream, reduced fat ( I used no fat greek yoghurt instead )
      Directions

Salsa Chicken is easy to make; just put all the ingredients in a slow cooker and let the machine do the work. There are infinite variations, and your family is guaranteed to like each one.
      6-8 hours to prepare; 15 minutes of active cooking time
      Makes 8 one-cup servings of chicken.

Place the chicken in a slow cooker. Sprinkle the taco seasoning over the meat then layer the vegetables and salsa on top. Pour a half cup water over the mixture, set on low and cook for 6-8 hours. The meat is cooked when it shreds or reaches an internal temperature of 165°F. When ready to serve, break up the chicken with two forks then stir in the sour cream.
      Makes eight 1 cup servings. ( I only cook for 5 hours on low & dont pull apart & serve on cauliflower rice )

Enjoy