Computer Whinge

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Computer Whinge

Yesterday I was using the computer when the internet dropped out??? I tried for hours to get it back - today we had to go out & I had enough of this temperamental technology so I gave myself a break from it - when we came home I was hoping someone had waved a magic wand over it & it was fixed but it was still waiting for me to sort it out - so I contacted our Provider/technician & wrote down the problem in a book - he suggested many things & could not get Wifi back on line then told me to contact the manufacturers of my computer Asus & advise them that the Wifi adaptor was faulty & for them to check it - that ended that phone call. So I continued to check out different things on the computer then bingo I had the internet back - fantastic & now I can sleep knowing I don't have to contact anymore technicians & try to understand their jargon - I have written down in my book what I did to correct it as best I can yet I don't think I did anything in particular it just came back. Life was simple before computers :)
    • I connect my PC via Ethernet because I am old school but with a laptop that you like to move around the house that's not possible unless you have Ethernet ports everywhere like a power point, something I wouldn't mind actually, if only I could connect my iPad that way!
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • I have Ethernet ports & that is what I did last night - I connected up the ethernet & I had internet connection - then when I removed the ethernet I lost connection & that is the first time that has happened - it usually gives me the connection then I can remove the ethernet & still have connection - it did not do that this time. When I contacted the technician he did not suggest using the ethernet - I haven't been moving the computer very much since I got the ipad. Why are you so keen on using the ethernet to connect ?