Slow Cooked Beef Ribs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Slow Cooked Beef Ribs

Garry made these low carb slow cooked beef ribs over the weekend and they were so good I had to share. It does have organic blackstrap molasses which is the good stuff that is removed when refining white sugar and is not as high in sugar as white but it does contain sugar. According to calorieking it is 11.3g per tablespoon and when you divide that over 1.5kgs of ribs and consider not all of it will even be on the meat its not much. We bought Angus beef ribs from the butcher this time and the difference was like chalk and cheese. I was only able to eat one, way too filling especially when served with the creamed onions. I will add that recipe to in the vegetables section. Here is the creamed onions recipe: Low Carb Creamed Onions with Green Beans

Low Carb Slow Cooked Beef Ribs

Ingredients

1.5kg beef ribs
      Salt, pepper and chilli powder
      1/2 to 1 cup of water (added 1 cup because when Garry made it again he found afterwards it needed more water)

Sauce

30g butter
      1/3 cup of white vinegar
      1 cup passata
      1/2 cup Worcestershire sauce
      2 cloves of garlic, crushed
      1 tbsp of organic blackstrap molasses
      1 medium brown onion, chopped (will be blitzed later)
      2 tbsp smoked paprika
      1 tsp mustard powder

Method

Season ribs with salt/pepper/chilli. Brown in ovenproof frypan (we used a heavy cast iron frypan). Preheat oven to 140C. Add water, cover (seal well!) and leave in oven for 2.5 hours.

Sauce

Fry onion & garlic in butter. Add all other ingredients. Cook on moderate heat for 10 minutes. Let cool and blitz in the saucepan with a stick blender (or in food processor).

After 2.5 hours, remove ribs from oven. Increase oven temp to 190C. Remove lid from rib frypan, pour sauce over ribs. Pop back into oven for 30 minutes, basting at least every 10 minutes.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: Water ().