ozgal's creamy chicken crepes (5.4g carbs per serve)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• ozgal's creamy chicken crepes (5.4g carbs per serve)

This recipe looks long but is very tasty and simple to make. Please note I highly recommend using a waffle/crepe maker for this one - I use a Breville waffle maker (cost around $50.00 from Myer in Melbourne). The waffle maker makes the most of your mixture and avoids burning, sticking etc. It is great for both savoury and sweet waffles/crepes.

Anyway, here goes:

(Similar to the easy peasy pancake recipe but this time savoury).

Creamy chicken crepes

Serves 2

Ingredients
      Philadelphia cream cheese [Cheese], 70g
      Egg,Whole,Raw, 2 medium egg (55-64g)
      baking powder 1 tsp
      paprika 1/4 tsp
      salt, good pinch
      pepper, good pinch
      Broccoli,Raw, 75g
      Cauliflower,Raw, 75g
      Chicken,Breast,Baked/Roast,Without Skin, 100g (got mine from supermarket and just diced it up and weighed out 100g).
      bulla cream lite, 125ml (*edit* bah have the good pure or double cream)
      Garlic,Raw, 1 clove
      Cheese,Parmesan, 30g (you will use 1/3 for crepes, 1/3 for filling and 1/3 for topping).

Method
      Preheat oven to 200oC.

Chop broccoli and cauliflower finely and put in microwave safe bowl, add 1 tbs water and cover with plastic wrap. Pierce plastic with fork. Cook on high for 3 mins. Leave to rest.

Grate Parmesan cheese.

Dice cooked chicken breast and put aside.

Make crepes (this recipe will make three waffles/crepes).

1.Put cream cheese in small mixing bowl and microwave on high for 30 secs.
      2.Lightly beat eggs and add a little at a time to cream cheese mix. Will curdle at first but whisk continuously until smooth.
      3.Add paprika, 1/3 of the parmesan cheese, a generous pinch salt and generous pinch pepper (basically season to taste).
      4.Add baking powder and whisk till mixed well.

Heat the waffle maker as per directions and when ready spray lightly with cooking spray.
      Pour in 1/3 of crepe mix, using a spatula to make sure mixture is spread evenly. Put down lid and cook for around 1 to 1.5 mins. Lift lid and using spatula gently lift side of crepe - if ready it will lift off easily.
      Continue till 3 crepes are made, put these on a plate and let rest.

FILLING:

1.Mash or dice garlic finely. Spray heavy-based pan with cooking spray. Saute garlic till gold.
      2.Add broccoli and cauliflower to pan. Mix with garlic. Add 1/2 cup lite cream and turn down heat.
      3.Add cooked chicken and 1/3 parmesan cheese.
      4.Add good pinch paprika, good pinch salt and pepper (again season to taste).
      5.Simmer until sauce thickens a little (so it's not runny). This will only take about 3-5 mins.

ASSEMBLE:

Put waffle/crepe on a cutting board and place 1/4 filling down centre. Roll up, tucking in the filling. Put in lightly sprayed oven dish seam-side down. Repeat with other 2 waffle/crepes. Place the waffle/crepes side-by-side with no space between. Spread the last quarter of filling over top and sprinkle with the remaining third of parmeasan cheese.

Cook in oven for 15 minutes.

Using sharp knife cut in half so you have two serves.

Delicious seved with green salad.

Hope you enjoy this as much as I did.

I think this recipe would also work well substituting the chicken for tuna or salmon.

Let me know what you think!

Per Serve:

Energy (kJ) 2000.25
      Energy (Cals) 477.84
      Protein (g) 32.14
      Total Fat (g) 36.54
      Carbohydrate (g) 5.40

ozgal
      Cheers,

Ozgal (LCHF looks like the plan for me)

It's all about the journey!

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: add ().