Ham and Egg Cups

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Ham and Egg Cups

These ham and egg cups are a recipe we have had here for almost as long as I've been a member here so maybe 13 years now, if memory serves correct the idea originally came from Huey's cooking show on TV. We have made them with both ham and bacon, both are good. The only thing I did differently here is add a bit of cheese because I had a bunch of grated cheese still in the fridge from when I made that custard and didn't want to waste it.

Anyway, today when making them I thought I'd take some photos and give the recipe a thread so more people find it. Its very simple and easy and you can add your own favourite herbs and spices to it. Enjoy :)

Ham and Egg Cups

Serves: 6

Ingredients

6 Eggs
      6 Slices of Ham
      Freshly Ground Salt and Pepper
      Butter for Greasing

Optional:
      Grated Cheese

Method

Preheat oven to 170C

Grease 6 hole muffin tray with butter.

Line each hole with a slice of leg ham, crack an egg into the hole and season.

Place in oven for around 15 minutes until egg is cooked to your liking.

If using cheese I like to put a little over the base of the ham and then some more over the egg.

Remove from oven and let sit for 5 minutes then just use a soup spoon to lift the ham and egg out of the hole.

How easy is that? Enjoy! :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • I just had one out of the fridge and it was awesome with the cheese, much better then when warm which I never thought I'd say. Going to make more!
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

• I found an old thread describing the recipe I am talking about here: Ham and Egg thingos

The only problem with that is I am not sure how well it would work with cream. When I take mine out of the oven the egg is really puffed up, I think the cream would just run off whilst its cooking. When I bake my eggs with ramekins I add some cream on top and with them I have to be careful to not fill too much because the cream will run down the outsides of the ramekins.