Keema Curry

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Keema Curry

This is from a very old Family Circle book Classic Essential Curries and I love the recipes out of these small books they have been so good. This is what hubby cooked last Sunday with suggestions for low carb

12047443_10153125331228015_205267513_n.jpg

Please ignore the naan and potatoes (this was hubby's plate I left the potatoes)

Prep time 25 min
      Cook time 25-30 min
      Serves 4
      Difficulty 1 pot (easy)

Cauliflower equivalent of (2 Potatoes Peeled original recipe)
      2 Tablespoons ghee or oil
      2 onlins lsiced
      1 green chilli finely chopped
      3 cloves garlic crushed
      1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
      1/4 cup water
      750g minced beef, lamb or pork
      1/2 teaspoon turmeric
      1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
      2 teaspoons ground cumin
      1 teaspoon ground cardamon
      1/2 to 1 teaspoon chilli powder
      1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
      2 teaspoons ground coriander
      3/4 cup green peas (I think I would try beans next time)
      2 tablespoons tomato paste
      1/2 cup coconut milk

cut potatoes into 2 cm cubes. Heat ghee or oil in a large pan add onion, chilli, garlic and ginger. Cook stirring until onion is soft ads potatoes and water cover and simmer for 10 minutes stirring occasionally
      Add mince, turmeric, cinnamon, cumin, cardamom, chilli powder, cloves and coriander. Stir over heat for about 10 minutes or util mince is browned and liquid absorbed.
      Add peas, tomato past and coconut milk. Stir, uncovered, over heat until liquid is absorbed and meat tender.

If I have missed something that is not low carb with a sub would be glad to hear.

Enjoy
      Lea
      If it's meant to be it's up to me!