MyFitnessPal.com

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• MyFitnessPal.com

Hi

I have been jumping all over the place with South Beach, Body Trim & now back onto Low carb - I have downloaded some of the tools from this siteso I can keep a track of what I am eating which are great thankyou
      I have found the above website good for loading recipes into to get the nutritional content - can someone please advise if I need to take the fibre off the carb content seeing it is an American site to get the accurate carb content?
      I tried the Australian nutritionist site but I couldnt find a lot of items ie psyllium husk & simple spices

Thanks heaps ?(
    • Did you try the Australian Calorieking site?

If fitnesspal is like Fitday then yes you will have to subtract fibre unless they give you an option to set it to work out net carbs for you?

But I wouldn't even worry about the husks, husks are virtually 0 because they pass right through.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • PS: there is a simple way to test it and that would be to get it to calculate a menu of just one ingredient then compare the value to the equivalent amount in say nutritiondata which is American.

I wouldn't compare it with Australian because even with fibre subtracted it will still be different due to the different methods our food standards use to calculate carbohydrate.

When I used to use Fitday which was atleast 12 years ago now so a lot has probably changed but I used to add my ingredients to the database in separate as custom foods. It's a lot of work in the beginning but once its done its all there for you next time you need it. But give the Australian Calorie king a try first.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.