AAAAAAAND again...I'm back after a few years of getting lost...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• AAAAAAAND again...I'm back after a few years of getting lost...

I can't believe I'm back again but the past few years have been lost in a bit of a haze and now I'm determined to win my life back.
      I hope to see some old faces here and to get some much needed help.
      Basically, my husband killed himself, my family fell apart, I met someone new, he has two fulltime children and i became a 'Mum' for the first time in my life, his ex (The Hex) went septic - her mother was worse - and we are finally at the end of a two-year Family Court Case. My health has been wrecked and I've regained all the weight I lost so I'm starting over and looking for a keto-coach to help me sort out my food.
      My SD goes to college this year and I will get my mornings back so I can get back to the gym FINALLY but it is the food I need to get under control.
      My sweet tooth is horrible, I have been playing with Paleo and I Quit Sugar diets but nothing is really kicking in so I need some tough love and help...
      "Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness,heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice."

Bethany Hamilton
      greatest female surfer of our time
    • EM!!!

I'm really sorry about your loss, such a horrible thing and stories like yours remind me how lucky I was when Garry went through all of that, it could've been worse!

I'm glad you're at the end of the court case and I hope everything goes well there for everyone concerned and you can finally start moving on with your life, what a rough time!

Do you still sing?

Re low carb, I haven't seen the I quit sugar "diet", I have a bit of trouble getting my head around the name "I quit sugar" because you don't quit sugar, you just change one sugar for another. I think this would be confusing!

Paleo is ok I think its very broad and subjective through and depends on how you do it, I cringe when I see paleo being preached and then see some snickers type recipe, again confusing!

Low carb isn't perfect either, again it depends on how we do it. You need to start very low carb to cut the cravings etc and work out any foods that could be causing you problems and then experiment and find what works for you.

Have you seen this page: Low Carb Diets: Everything you need to know to get you started
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • Hi Sherrie - it was just the very worst time of my life ever.
      I meet Glen just before Pip killed himself though - the poor man moved out thinking he was in love with someone else and then when it all proved to be an illusion, he had a nervous breakdown and came back to stay with me but by then I was trying to move on...short story, his counsellor said he should not stay with me and so he moved back to his flat and killed himself just days later.....

I'd only just met Glen but he stood by while my life fell apart and then we fell in love and got married the next year.

Suddenly becoming a fulltime stepmother just took over my life and now three years later I'm back up to 75kgs and feeling like my body got hijacked!! I want ME baaaaaack!

My stepdaughter starts at college this year thank god so I can get her off to school early and get back to the gym every morning but I've developed a monster sweet tooth and really need to get my food under control.

I've also found out I have this egg/wheat/dairy/gluten/rye/spelt/oat/barley/beef intolerance and a leaky gut so I'm trying to find a diet/regime that is ketogenic and user-friendly without me having to put so much more effort than I have the headspace for right now - LOL.
      "Courage, sacrifice, determination, commitment, toughness,heart, talent, guts. That's what little girls are made of; the heck with sugar and spice."

Bethany Hamilton
    • Do you eat fermented foods? They will help your gut aswell as gelatin. Peace love and vegetables make some really yummy superkraut and kimchi.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • Yep! Doing bone broth and introducing ferments as when I first did, they blew me up and awaaaay! LOL.

I have tried since doing a gut heal and seems much better but just have to remember to eat 'em.

Bethany Hamilton