Steamed Eggs

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Steamed Eggs

I just now decided to try steaming my eggs instead of boiling to see if they're easier to peel and they were, I will never boil an egg again!

It's really easy to do, just put in say an inch of water into a saucepan and bring to boil.

Add eggs to steamer basket and space them out well.

Once water is boiling place steamer basket over the top then cover and bring temperature down a little.

Steam for 12 minutes then place in an ice bath.

Once cool to touch, tap gently on the bench to form some cracks and just roll them between your hands and peel, they peel really easy and clean. They do not look like they have been in an egg massacre!

I used the oldest eggs I had sitting on my bench, atleast a couple of weeks old! Apparently the fresher they're the harder they're to peel.

These eggs were hard boiled so reduce the time like you would when boiling eggs to get a softer egg.

The only down side is the yolk tends to set on the side they lay on very close to the surface to you wont get eggs where the yolk is perfectly in the centre.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: Add ().

• I had to edit this a little today, when I posted I forgot to mention tapping them on the bench before rolling. I was reading my recipe and tried to roll and nothing was happening to I pressed harder and flattened my egg a little! :D
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.