Introducing myself

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Introducing myself

Hi everyone.

Just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Sharon aka Razie. I did low carb for 5 years then stopped due to high cholestrol . This happened as i never reintroduced foods back into my diet. 3 weeks ago i was diagnosed as having Type2 Diabeties. My reading was 15.1 after my gluclose test. Immediately i started back on low carb. As of last wednesday i had a reading of 6.9 so doing really well getting it under control. I weighed 85 kgs prior to starting current weight as of last wednesday is 79.5. I am a terrible cook so stick to simple things to cook. I wish someone would open a low carb delivery service in adelaide like they have done in melbourne. Anyways just introducing going to hunt out some recipes
    • Welome Sharon,

I usually have high cholesterol, I see it as anti ageing and a built in anti depressant. My HDL is high, my ratio good and my trigs is very low so I don't worry about it.

You might find some of these videos useful: Videos

Great to see another in Adelaide :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • I'm still trying to find a good article for you as its been years since I've thought about it, I don't really worry about those things these days with other distractions in my life :)

Cholesterol has many benefits, it's used for processing hormones, cell membranes, fight infections etc women (with longer lifespans) naturally have higher cholesterol then men as they age. With all the research done on statins I am sure they still have not found a benefit to statins for women. When you think about cholesterol being used to make cell membranes this means it is very important in so many areas. If you google cholesterol and the brain you will see it is very important for the brain.

Did you know there have been studies to show correlation between low cholesterol with depression and suicides. Even here in m own home my partner when suffering major depression had very low cholesterol!

Here's another benefit in regards to exercise: Cholesterol Has Some Benefits, Too
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.