Low Carb Broccoli - Cauliflower Rice

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Broccoli - Cauliflower Rice

I keep meaning to take some photos of this and post the method here in its own thread to make it easy to find. For years I used to avoid making cauliflower rice and cauliflower pizza because the old method was messy.

You don't need to steam or boil cauliflower rice, all this does is mean more mess when grating as well having to wring out the water. If you just process it raw and then fry it, its done.

I like to process a whole cauliflower at a time and then store the riced cauliflower in the fridge. I am yet to test out freezing it but I will soon. This works just as well with broccoli and personally I think broccoli tastes better so just use which ever one your prefer or is cheapest.

Low Carb Broccoli - Cauliflower Rice

Ingredients:

Broccoli - Cauliflower, broken into florets
      fat or oil for frying

Method:

Process cauliflower in a food processor in batches until a rice consistency. Don't try to do a whole cauliflower in one batch as it's more likely to have big chunks.

Heat up a fry pan, add fat/oil and saute cauliflower/broccoli for a few minutes until cooked to your liking. Remove from heat and its ready to use. You can use it plain as a steamed rice substitute or add flavouring to it. I used this to make a pizza base.

Important: Do not crowd the pan or you may make it soggy. I just cook whats needed for the meal and refrigerate the rest for next time.

This is the consistency I cooked mine to:

I used this to make cauliflower pizza which you can find here: An Easier Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Base

Enjoy :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.