An Easier Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Base

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• An Easier Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Base

I finally had another crack at cauliflower pizza. I hadn't made this for several years because I found the method for preparing the cauliflower a pain. I have put this into a new thread because the old thread is really big and I don't want this method to get lost. You can find the old recipe here: Cauliflower dough - low carb pizza

Since we have been having cauliflower and broccoli rice for curries etc which is prepared differently to the old way, I have since been wanting to try this for the pizza recipe and it worked great.

All you need to do is process the cauliflower raw until it resembles rice and then pan fry for a few minutes and its done. See method here: Low Carb Broccoli - Cauliflower Rice

Broccoli rice tastes even better so I am sure will make a great pizza base also. You can also use this base recipe to make garlic bread and even lasagna sheets, see the old recipe thread for ideas.

An Easier Low Carb Cauliflower Pizza Base

Serves 1

Ingredients:

1 cup of fried cauliflower rice, cooled. See here: Low Carb Broccoli - Cauliflower Rice
      1 cup mozzarella cheese
      1 egg, lightly beaten
      Pinch of salt
      Sprinkle of Italian herbs
      Plus Toppings of your choice - I chose mozzarella, Croatian salami, ham, cherry tomatoes and fresh basil.

Method:

Preheat Oven to 210C/410F (fan forced)

Line a baking tray with a sheet of baking paper.

Combine, cauliflower, cheese, egg and salt. Press into baking tray with a fork and then sprinkle over herbs.

Place base in oven and bake until golden, around 15 minutes but start checking at 10 mins.

Remove from oven and add your chosen toppings:

Place back in oven and bake until melted and cooked to your liking.

Enjoy :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.