Bacon and Cauliflower Quiche

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Bacon and Cauliflower Quiche

I decided to make a bacon and cauliflower quiche last night as I forgot to buy some broccoli but had a head of cauliflower in the fridge. It turned out really good :)

I only had 100g of bacon so that's all I used but next time I would use at-least 200g.

I pan fry my cauliflower to brown it without softening it too much. I like it to still have some crunch with a good bit of char on it when I take it off the stove. Just cook it the way you like it but frying avoids it going watery if it starts to fry a bit too hot just add a spoon of water to settle it down. I was worried I ruined mine last night as the automatic heat up which heats up really fast didn't turn off like it should but I got to it just in time. :)

Low Carb Bacon and Cauliflower Quiche

600g/21oz Cauliflower florets (fresh)
      100g/3.5oz Bacon chopped (I recommend adding more bacon)
      4 Ex Large Eggs
      300ml/10fl oz Thick Cream
      handful of fresh chopped chives
      2 small cloves of garlic
      150g/5oz of your favourite cheese(s) freshly grated
      40g/1.5oz parmesan, grated
      Generous pinch/grating of nutmeg
      Freshly ground salt and black pepper.
      Olive oil/butter for frying.

Preheat Oven to 170C/340F (fan forced)

Grease large quiche dish with butter.

In a large pan (I used cast iron), saute cauliflower until cooked to your liking then place into quiche dish.

Next fry up bacon and garlic and spread over cauliflower.

In a mixing bowl combine, eggs, cream, cheeses (except Parmesan), chives, nutmeg, salt and pepper and pour over cauliflower and bacon.

Gently press cauliflower down and give a good swish and tap to make sure its all incorporated among the cauliflower then sprinkle over parmesan.

Place in oven and bake for around 30 minutes when its golden with a wobble in the middle. Rest on bench for 20 minutes or so and serve warm.

Enjoy :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.