Keto chocolate mousse

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Keto chocolate mousse

Hi guys I made these from a low carb site I found. As per requested by @ChrisA

It's extremely easy to make and very low in carbs but also very moorish!!

I've kept the measurements in the USA weights because I have a scale that does all conversions but I've added in the grams in approximates'

Ingredients -
      4oz of unsalted butter = 113.5grams approx
      4oz of cream cheese
      6oz of thickened cream, whipped = 171grams approx
      2 Tablespoons of unsweetened cocoa powder
      2 Tablesppons (or to your taste) Your choice of sweetner substitute, I use Natvia.
      Vanilla (optional)
      (I also made a batch of peppermint ones by adding peppermint essence into mixture)

Method-
      Soften butter and cream cheese and combine with sweetner, mixing until completely smooth.
      Add cocoa powder and keep mixing/blending
      Whip thickened cream and gradually fold it in slowly.
      Spoon into small glasses and place in fridge for a minimum of 30 minutes.

Note-. I used cupcake/patty pans and it makes 8.
      Carbs works out to be 1.1grams per serve.

image.jpeg
    • So I've been experimenting today with this recipe due to quantities so I've converted the ounces over into our metric system and increased the volume and I also just set it in one dish and it set well and tasted great.

Keto Choco Mousse - updated weights

250grams of unsalted butter
      250grams of cream cheese
      1 1/2 cups of thickened cream whipped
      3 tablespoons of cocoa powder
      4 tablespoons of Natvia or to your liking.
      1 teaspoon of pure vanilla essence.

I made this exactly the same as above recipe except I set it in a glass container and I also grated a bit of 90% dark Lindt chocolate over the top...you can use a less % chocolate but that's all I had in pantry.

Taste incredible and now there is enough to go around for everyone and should last longer than a day...I hope ^^ !

image.jpeg