A low carb vegetarian

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• A low carb vegetarian

Hi there, I struggle to find vegetarian protein and low carb recipes and food. I saw a great nutritionist earlier this year who has helped me on this path. I am also a big Thermomix user. Would love to hear any tips, recipes from other vegetarian low carb folk. Thank you.
    • Welcome Veggie :)

We don't get many vegetarians here that post at the one time, this is probably the most recent that have introduced themselves: Hello!

Have you tried the Amazonia Raw protein powders? They use sprouted and fermented vegetarian proteins. I have some unflavoured that I plan to try soon.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • How to Eat Low-Carb as a Vegetarian or Vegan

I found this, I might pinch a few ideas.

I find that I eat less meat when I'm doing low-carb than I would otherwise, primarily because my appetite is so much smaller. Last night, for example, my wife cooked 8 smallish cheeseburger patties and if I weren't doing low carb I would have eaten most of them. Last night I ate just 2, I had 2 more for lunch today, and if the kids haven't eaten them I'll have a couple more for lunch tomorrow.
    • Hi Veggie, I'm new today. I know this is a bit old now, but maybe you will come along and read.
      I've been vegetarian for 25 years now and have been on LCHF for 5 weeks now.

One of my children was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes a couple of months ago so I wanted to considerably lower his carb intake. The more I researched, the more I was intrigued to do it myself as well. The whole family is lower carb than they were a few months back as a result.

I'm actually a qualified Nutritionist but only graduated in February, and then my son was diagnosed shortly after, so I haven't had a chance to set up my business yet. One day!

I'm not actually too concerned about my protein intake at this stage. I know I'm definitely eating better now that I've cut out bread and pasta. I love eggs and cheese and I'm eating more salad and vegetables than before. And I feel fantastic for it!! Never hungry which has been a great change. I only eat two meals a day and the occasional snack in between. And I enjoy a wine or two most nights :)