A low carb vegetarian

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• A low carb vegetarian

Hi there, I struggle to find vegetarian protein and low carb recipes and food. I saw a great nutritionist earlier this year who has helped me on this path. I am also a big Thermomix user. Would love to hear any tips, recipes from other vegetarian low carb folk. Thank you.
    • Welcome Veggie :)

We don't get many vegetarians here that post at the one time, this is probably the most recent that have introduced themselves: Hello!

Have you tried the Amazonia Raw protein powders? They use sprouted and fermented vegetarian proteins. I have some unflavoured that I plan to try soon.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • How to Eat Low-Carb as a Vegetarian or Vegan

I found this, I might pinch a few ideas.

I find that I eat less meat when I'm doing low-carb than I would otherwise, primarily because my appetite is so much smaller. Last night, for example, my wife cooked 8 smallish cheeseburger patties and if I weren't doing low carb I would have eaten most of them. Last night I ate just 2, I had 2 more for lunch today, and if the kids haven't eaten them I'll have a couple more for lunch tomorrow.
    • Hi Veggie, I'm new today. I know this is a bit old now, but maybe you will come along and read.
      I've been vegetarian for 25 years now and have been on LCHF for 5 weeks now.

One of my children was diagnosed with Type 1 Diabetes a couple of months ago so I wanted to considerably lower his carb intake. The more I researched, the more I was intrigued to do it myself as well. The whole family is lower carb than they were a few months back as a result.

I'm actually a qualified Nutritionist but only graduated in February, and then my son was diagnosed shortly after, so I haven't had a chance to set up my business yet. One day!

I'm not actually too concerned about my protein intake at this stage. I know I'm definitely eating better now that I've cut out bread and pasta. I love eggs and cheese and I'm eating more salad and vegetables than before. And I feel fantastic for it!! Never hungry which has been a great change. I only eat two meals a day and the occasional snack in between. And I enjoy a wine or two most nights :)