This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Dear All,
      I am new to this forum. I would like to lose a modest amount of weight (11kg) after a second pregnancy as was told I am at risk of developing Diabetes Type 2 (genetically predisposed within the family).

I need to reduce my carbohydrate and sugar intake. Been slowing losing the weight due to breast feeding but need to speed it up as got to get down 5kg before next March (next blood glucose test).

Looking forward to the support and the recipes that will need to be cooked for the entire family.

Cheers
    • Welcome Soken :)

If you stick to more LCHF or Banting rather then say something more strict like Atkins you should do really well and still maintain a good milk supply.

I have a book I highly reccomend you get called superfood for super children. It is based around Banting and has lots of yummy recipes for yourself and children :)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.