Warm Apricot Cake

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Warm Apricot Cake

I have been experimenting with an apricot cake recipe to make it low carb. I am still playing with it but it's really yummy and thought I'd share :)

Next time I might segment the apricots to see if they still sink!

I will work out carb counts shortly.

Low Carb Warm Apricot Cake

Serves: 8

Ingredients

6-10 Apricots, halved (around 380g/13.4oz)
      2 cups almond Meal (180g/6.4oz)
      3 ex larg eggs
      165g/5.8oz butter
      1/2 cup sweetener
      1/2 tsp vanilla paste
      2 tsp baking powder
      1/2 tsp salt
      60ml/2 fl oz cultured buttermilk (I used the liquid from some homemade yoghurt)

Method:

Preheat oven to 170C/340F

Butter and line a cake pan/baking dish. I used a 8.5 x 8.5 inch square baking dish.

Cream the butter, sweetener and vanilla until fluffy. Add eggs one at a time beating really well.

In a separate bowl combine the almond meal, salt and baking powder then add this to the egg mixture, mixing well. Next mix in the buttermilk.

Pour batter into baking dish and place apricots cut side down over the top.

Bake in oven for 40 or so minutes.

Enjoy :)

Nutritional Information:

I have worked out the nutritional information for everything but the sweetener as that varies on what you use, you will need to add that yourself.

Total Recipe8 Serves
      Calories
      Carbohydrate
      Protein
      Fat
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sherrie: Nutritional Information, measurements ().