Percentages and other queries

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Percentages and other queries

When we talk about eating 60% fat, 25% protien and the rest as carbs....Is this per meal or the day as a whole? I know it sounds a stupid Q, but I really struggle with logic sometimes.
      Also When we have protien, is it 1 gram per kilo of bodyweight?

Whenever I have cream or creme frais I have a tablespoon, am I right doing this?

I had chinese this evening...beef and mushroom and I made cauliflower rice. I know I shouldnt have fast food I didnt have much of the sauce, just what stuck to the beef.

TIA x
      I want to be able to say about my body fat.....

I STARTED WITH NOTHING, I HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT :P :D :saint:
    • I used percentages as a rough daily guideline. Some people might get really anal about all their meals hitting particular percentages but I prefer the idea of more flexibility.

It's been a while since I've given protein much thought but from my vague memory I've seen reccomendations from 0.8 to 1.5g per kg

I think it really depends on your goals and what type of exercise you do as well as whether you are female or male. The first couple of weeks you may burn extra protein from muscles before your body starts to adjust but it's a fine line as too much may prevent you going into ketosis.

My son made an easy to use calculator here: Quick and Easy Low Carb Calculators

There's also some good videos that cover this but I can't remember which as it's been a while:

Videos

Cream is fine on LCHF unless you have issues with dairy.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • Sherrie thank you for your brilliant response, I watched a couple of videos the best so far is Butter makes your pants fall off!

Im going to have a go at the diary now. You really are very good at not making people feel inadequate..huge hug x
      I want to be able to say about my body fat.....

I STARTED WITH NOTHING, I HAVE MOST OF IT LEFT :P :D :saint:
    • Lillymoon wrote:

When we talk about eating 60% fat, 25% protien and the rest as carbs....Is this per meal or the day as a whole? I know it sounds a stupid Q, but I really struggle with logic sometimes.
      Also When we have protien, is it 1 gram per kilo of bodyweight?

Whenever I have cream or creme frais I have a tablespoon, am I right doing this?

I had chinese this evening...beef and mushroom and I made cauliflower rice. I know I shouldnt have fast food I didnt have much of the sauce, just what stuck to the beef.

TIA x
      In general - per day but the same goes for every meal, you will end up eating the same ratios at the end of the day even if you count them for a single meal.
      One gram per lean body mass. Lean body mass = your weight - fat weight.