Hello from Perth WA - Newbie on Keto

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hello from Perth WA - Newbie on Keto

Hi all. So glad I found this forum, I have been lurking about reading lots of posts and you all seem so friendly and helpful and ready to help and share.

I went to the Drs a few weeks back, I am going through menopause and the hot flushes that come every hour or so are becoming unbearable. I have had them for 18 months now, and my Dr won't even consider HRT until I have lost some weight and my BP is down. So I changed Drs and the new one pointed me in the direction of a website Dietdoctor.com which is run by doctors and promoted by them. They recommend LCHF or Ketogenic eating plans which I have adopted the Keto one with 16:8 fasting to kick things along.

After 10 days, I feel energetic, clear headed, not hungry at all and have lost 3kg.

I have been a yoyo dieter all my life, tried every one known to man, but never this way of eating. It just feels so natural and whilst I won't say easy, it certainly is easier than other diets I have tried.

:D :D

Anyway, I will go back to reading and learning all that I can.

Cheers
    • Welcome Kirsa! :)

Great loss there for your first 10 days!

Lowcarb has often been used for those with PCOS, it will be interesting to see how you go. They only problem I had with it hormonally was when I was taking the pill.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.