Hello from Perth WA - Newbie on Keto

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hello from Perth WA - Newbie on Keto

Hi all. So glad I found this forum, I have been lurking about reading lots of posts and you all seem so friendly and helpful and ready to help and share.

I went to the Drs a few weeks back, I am going through menopause and the hot flushes that come every hour or so are becoming unbearable. I have had them for 18 months now, and my Dr won't even consider HRT until I have lost some weight and my BP is down. So I changed Drs and the new one pointed me in the direction of a website Dietdoctor.com which is run by doctors and promoted by them. They recommend LCHF or Ketogenic eating plans which I have adopted the Keto one with 16:8 fasting to kick things along.

After 10 days, I feel energetic, clear headed, not hungry at all and have lost 3kg.

I have been a yoyo dieter all my life, tried every one known to man, but never this way of eating. It just feels so natural and whilst I won't say easy, it certainly is easier than other diets I have tried.

:D :D

Anyway, I will go back to reading and learning all that I can.

Cheers
    • Welcome Kirsa! :)

Great loss there for your first 10 days!

Lowcarb has often been used for those with PCOS, it will be interesting to see how you go. They only problem I had with it hormonally was when I was taking the pill.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.