Hi from Qld!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hi from Qld!

Hey all

I'm 35 and have been overweight for most of my life. My doctor has recently told me I'm pre-diabetic and have high blood pressure. So 3 weeks ago, I started an 8 week challenge at a local gym. They suggested LCHF diet, which I have been looking into for a little while. I did well - for 2 weeks - was barely hungry, had more energy and was sleeping deeper. However last week I fell of the wagon and am now trying to get back on it.

I'm hoping to get some good information, recipes, and some tips on how to get my very stubborn husband join me in on this LCHF journey (he has Diabetes 2 and is only 30). He won't give up his 'snacks' during the day at work. And I'm looking forward to support from real human beings! 8o

Cheers
      Soon-to-be One Healthy Kat :D
    • Welcome Kat :)

Start with making low carb dinners for you both but don't even tell him that's what you're doing just make them such as a good steak with some salad or green veggies. On the weekend make bacon and eggs for breaky. Lots of foods men typically like are low carb.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.