New Years

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Hi everyone, I hope you can help me to start this new Diet, I have had many tries last year, but could not manage to lose any weight, but I did not gain any either. My question is, Can I buy oopsi Bread, and where can I buy Shirataki. I live in Regional NSW Australia.
    • welcome Alizarine, oopsie bread is a recipe you make yourself which is pretty basic. There’s another that is also really good and even easier because it doesn’t require separating the eggs: apinchofhealth.com/forum/index…-Ostplattar-Cheese-Bread/

As for shirataki noodles, these days you can find them in your health food shop and most likely supermarket but personally I prefer to use zucchini as a pasta substitute. I make mine myself but some supermarkets even sell zucchini already cut into thin strips. Here is an example how to use it: apinchofhealth.com/forum/index…icken-and-Zucchini-Pasta/

good luck!
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • Thankyou, Sherrie I have checked the supermarket for carbs on different items per 100g serves, it looks like there is nothing as low as the oopsie bread rolls, so I will be making some changes soon. In the meantime will use up what I have left of lower carb items. There is one good thing I have to report, and that is I went out for coffee which usually involves cake, this time no cake was ordered so I hope to continue with this. I do like to go out to lunch with friends so I will need to choose wisely. I have also ordered 2 books of the Atkins Diet. Thanks
    • in the early days I used to make a low carb cheesecake and have a slice each day for breakfast or lunch so that I didn't feel the need to eat something I shouldn’t. You could even make up a cheesecake batter and divide it in cups and set in fridge.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • Thanks Sherrie, I have lowered the amount of pancake mix for now, which I don't mind because I have in the past put fresh fruit on the top with some yoghurt for breakfast, instead of toast and jam or egg on toast. The cake issue has been on ongoing problem, mainly because I have given up smoking and the cake replaced this, now it has been two years, so I need to get over having coffee out without a cake, this was my treat and going out was the added experience. I will persevere with this because I have tried cutting slices of cake and distributing them over the week and this is no good for me, it just makes me think of the cake left in the fridge.

I have found Slendier Noodles made with Konjac at my supermarket and have tried this, with vegetables and a small amount of chicken and soy sauce, pretty good, I still have to find the rice type of noodle but am happy to use the other it looks more like pasta. I only use a small amount but it does seem to fill you up.

Going well with plenty of water and will weigh myself soon. thanks for this forum