Cauliflower, leek and bacon soup.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Cauliflower, leek and bacon soup.

Another work recipe! hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:

1 tbs olive oil
      250g bacon rashers, finely chopped.
      2 large leeks, trimmed and sliced
      600g of cauliflower florets-small
      OPTIONAL: 2 medium potatoes- peeled and chopped- would be okay without it-maybe add some more cauli?
      6 cups of chicken stock
      salt and ground peppers
      1/3 cup of creams
      grated cheese

Method:

1. Heat oil in saucepan. Add bacon and cook, stirring often, for 3-4 minutes or until tender. Remove 2 tbs of bacon toa plate and set aside. Add leeks to pan and cook, stirring often, for 3minutes until soft.

2. Add cauliflower, potatoes and stock to pan. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Cover and bring to boil, stirring occassionally. Reduce heat to medium-low and cook, stirring often, for 30-35minutes or until veggies are tender.

3. Using blender or food processor, puree soup until smooth and return soup to pan. Warm soup over low heat. Stir in cream (don't boil!). Serve soup topped with reserved bacon and grated cheese.

YUMMO!
      enjoy!
      I get what i want, and i like what i see.
    • Hi, I just used the whole cauliflower as although I eat it, the man isnt too keen on it. So I suppose it was more than 600g but it was quite yummy and not too thick. i just remembered that I used all the leeks so it was probably 3 instead of two only to use it all up. I will try putting celery in it next time just for a taste adventure.:D