Low Carb Bars

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Low Carb Bars

I know I saw a recipe or two floating around at different times, but can't seem to find any at the moment. Anyone got a good recipe for bard of different flavours (the one I buy only come in 2 flavours and I am getting sick of them) I haven't bought any packs of LC bars yet, since I want some variety and don;t want a pack of 12 of something I won't like.
    • Hey Rania,
      If I splurge financially and treat myself to a box of Atkins bars so I can have something delicious to snack on or a desert or whatever, then the GNC people are usually more than happy to "make" me a box of twelve from whatever stock they have on hand. I usually only take the Chocolate Decadence ones because they aren't as calorie dense as the others and I think they're really yummy.

Ask your store if they can do you a mixed box, it's worth a try.
    • Choc Nut Bars

i found this recipe somewhere, i should try to record the links :o

2 1/3 cups vanilla protein powder
      30g square unsweetened chocolate
      1/2 cup butter
      120g cream cheese
      30g chopped walnuts (or you can use pecans or any low carb nut you like)
      1 teaspoon vanilla
      1 teaspoon peanut butter
      1/4 cup Splenda (or 12 tablets)

Melt butter, cream cheese, peanut butter and chocolate in bowl in microwave and mix together very well. Add splenda and vanilla, mix well again. Now add nuts and protein powder and mix. It will be difficult and messy to mix, you will have to use your hands near the end to knead it all together, squeezing so that the powder dissolves into the mixture. Now place in a baking pan, flatten and refrigerate. (Using a rectangular casserole dish works great here.) When cooled and hardened, cut into 8 bars.

Makes 8 bars.
      cheers, sam

go hard...or go home
    • Home made protein bars

I think these might have come from PP:

Home made protein bars

2 1/3 cups chocolate or vanilla protein powder
      1/2 cup butter
      cocoa (or vanilla essence) to taste
      4 oz cream cheese
      1/2 cup chopped walnuts
      1/4 cup Splenda

Melt butter and cream cheese and cocoa. Mix in designer protein and Splenda. This will be stiff and hard to stir (knead with clean hands if needed.) Add walnuts and mix again. Place in greased bread pan. (Sprinkle additional finely chopped walnuts on top if you like.) Cool. Cut into 8 servings.

Makes 8 bars. Approx 2.5 carbs per bar.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • HOMEADE PROTEIN BAR RECIPE!!

These aswell...

HOMEADE PROTEIN BAR RECIPE!!

Here it is...

2 cups natural peanut butter (1 hole container/16 ounces)
      6 tablespoons honey
      2 1/4 cups protein powder ( any will work, except it won't work with soy protein powder so i've heard)
      2 cups dry (uncooked) oatmeal

Combine the peanut butter and honey in a mixing bowl and
      and stir.

Microwave for 70 seconds (or longer). Add the protein powder and oatmeal, and mix
      well and mix. Smoosh until flat into a 13 x 9 pan. Let sit for a while (like 10-15 min.), then cut into
      TWELVE even bars and wrap in plastic wrap or do what i did and if you have a top to the 13 x 9 pan.. put that on.. then after you've waited.. EAT!! they taste absolutely DELICIOUS!! the best bar's i've tasted. very peanut buttery.. yum.. i love peanut butter.
      you need the honey to make it stick better.. it doesnt really stick that good.. but fairly good. add more honey if you want it to stick more.

After you've got done consumming how much you want to. put the topping on it (lid or plastic wrap) and put it in the fridge till next time.

TRY IT!! you won't be dissapointed!!

here are the nutritional facts.

Servings size 1 Bar
      Servings per recipe 12.

19 GOOD-FOR-YOU Grams of Fat. (Essential Fatty Acid's)

22 Grams of Delicious Carbs

and finally 21 grams of Muscle Building Protein!
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

• Peanut Butter Protein Bars

Originally posted by tugga

Peanut Butter Protein Bars

Ingredients:
      2 tablespoons no-sugar peanut butter
      2 tablespoons butter, melted
      1/2 teaspoon liquid artificial sweetener
      1/4 cup Splenda
      1 scoop Vanilla Praline Designer Whey protein powder*

Melt peanut butter and butter in microwave or double boiler. Mix in the sweeteners thoroughly. Add protein powder and stir until it forms a ball. (You may need to use clean hands to aid in the thorough mixing.) Roll up in ball and knead a bit; then separate into even portions, shaping as desired. Refrigerate until firm.

Makes 4 bars. Approx 2 carbs per bar.