Red Pork Curry

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Red Pork Curry

Here is one that I thought sounded nice

450g pork fillet
      1 1/2 tablespoons oil
      2 Tablespoons Thai red curry paste
      3 Tablespoons finely shreded ginger
      1 teaspoon ground turmeric
      2 Tablespoons finely sliced garlic (I think this is to much so I use less)
      1 X 400ml tin of coconut cream
      2 Tablespoons fish sauce
      4 Kaffir lime leaves
      2 Teaspoons sugar (splenda)
      a handful of fresh Thai basil leaves or ordinary basil leaves

cut the pork into thin slices
      heat the wok over medium heat and add the oil, when hot add the curry paste and sir fry for 30sec. Add the pork and turn up the heat at stir fry for 1 min or untill they are covered with curry paste. Remove and set aside.

Add the ginger, tumeric and garlic to the wok as stir fry for 10 sec. Stir in the coconut milk, fish sauce, lime leaves and sugar. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 min.

Return the pork to the sauce and simmer for 3mins or until cooked through. Toss in the basil and give it a final stir. Serve at once.

I add vegetables to the mix that I have cooked prior, maybe zuccini, snow peas ect.

Enjoy
      Start Weight 80.5kg
      Current weight 60.5kg
      Start Aug 2002
      Total Lost 20kg

This time
      Start Weight 70.5kg :mad:
      Current weight 69.5kg
      Start Aug 2006
      Total Lost 1kg
    • God this was sooo good starter, thankyou for posting it! I would highly recommend this to everyone. I cooked it last night for myself and my partner and he went back for thirds, he couldn't get enough (was very disappointed when I told him there was no more left as he had eaten it all!!!) AND he's a professional chef, so that is saying something about this recipe!!
      The veges that I added were mushrooms, red capsicum, brocolli and cauliflower. I served my partners on a bed of rice and put mine on a bed of 'faux rice''. yummy!!