Bartmans Bum-Burnin' Mocktail...

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Bartmans Bum-Burnin' Mocktail...

A drink dedicated to Gimli...

OK i was muckin' around in the kitchen for a cold drink

I have posted a recipe previously:

3-4 drops of Tabasco in a glass
      Pour in lo-joule Lemonade

While not bad (keep the bubbles away from you eyes), if you add too much tabasco, it develops a strong vinegar taste...

I wanted something with a REAL kick!!!

so:

1 x Habanero Chilli Pepper (WARNING These are the hot ones - I grow them myself, but these are available from Coles etc...)

Lo-Joule Lemon Cordial

Ice

Water

Now, add Habanero to a glass, muddle the pepper (mash it in the galss, to break it up - just roughly, so the skin is broken etc...)

add a dash of cordial in the glass
      add lots of ice
      Fill with water

Stirr for 30-60 seconds

remove chilli pepper

ENJOY!!

Now, you have a very cold, very refreshing lemon drink, but you also have a very hot burning sensation in your mouth!!, which hits you like a left hook. The flavour does not change, but the heat does.

You could have a Russian Roulette Party, mix a dozen glasses of lemon cordial, and one of them to the recipe above... (Well i would find that funny - but I am very warped)

Bartman

PS: The best thing about this drink, while you experience the heat of the chilli, you dont actually eat the chilli, so there is no back-burn/after-burn/ring-of-fire etc... the next day (if you know what i mean)