Colloidal silver and shingles

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Colloidal silver and shingles

Not LC but your all so knowledgable I thought 'what the heck' :p

Does anyone know the benefits of colloidal silver or has anybody taken it? I've heard some very good things about it and would like some peoples input as I'm thinking of buying some for my Dad :)

On another note a friend of mine says he has been diagnosed with Shingles. He actually had a funny turn with me one night and came out in a massive sweat and vomitted a few times (I HAVE THAT EFFECT ON MEN) :rolleyes: . Then he felt ok for about a week cept for a pain in his shoulder/neck. He told me the other day his wife has been diagnosed with shingles. His wife was told to sleep separately so that he couldn't catch it! (I ALWAYS UNDERSTOOD IT WAS NOT CATCHY) :confused: Then he felt itchy etc and could see a rash developing so I told him to get to the doctors quick smart. He said the doctor told him his sweating episode was part of the shingles virus and that he also has shingles now. I think this all seems a bit too weird but just wondered what you guys thought ... I'm just checking out some websites at the mo :)
      Start date AGAIN August 24 2010

Cheers
      Cazza xx
    • The royals took colloidal silver for there health back in middle ages. Hence the term blue bloods..It was very expensive and they were the only ones who could afford it ....I then heard about it when my sister in law had lung cancer. She was taking it at a homeopath's suggestion.....Unfortunately my sister in law didn't make it, she died from an embolism which developed when she flew out for a holiday...

I haven't had much to do with shingles, but I believe it is really painful...
    • Shingles is an infection caused by the varicella-zoster virus, which is the virus that causes chickenpox.

Shingles occurs in people who have had chickenpox and represents a reactivation of the dormant varicella-zoster virus.

The disease generally affects the elderly, although it occasionally occurs in younger and/or immunodeficient individuals. T

he first sign is usually a tingling feeling, itchiness, or stabbing pain on the skin. After a few days, a rash appears as a band or patch of raised dots on the side of the trunk or face. The rash develops into small, fluid-filled blisters which begin to dry out and crust over within several days. When the rash is at its peak, symptoms can range from mild itching to extreme and intense pain.

Contact with a person with shingles may cause chickenpox (but not shingles) in someone who has never had chickenpox before.

Although shingles can be very painful and itchy, it is not generally dangerous to healthy individuals and it usually resolves without complications. The rash and pain usually go away within 3 to 5 weeks.

Sometimes serious effects including partial facial paralysis (usually temporary), ear damage, or encephalitis (inflammation of the brain) may occur. Persons with shingles on the upper half of the face should seek medical attention immediately as the virus may cause serious damage to the eyes. Most people who have shingles have only one bout with the disease in their lifetime. However, individuals with impaired immune systems, i.e., people with AIDS or cancer, may suffer repeated episodes.
    • Worth a try?

Colloidal silver is a suspension of submicroscopic metallic silver particles in a colloidal base. Long-term use of silver preparations can lead to argyria, a condition in which silver salts deposit in the skin, eyes, and internal organs, and the skin turns ashen-gray. Many cases of argyria occurred during the pre-antibiotic era when silver was a common ingredient in nosedrops. When the cause became apparent, doctors stopped recommending their use, and reputable manufacturers stopped producing them.

In 1995, an herbal distributor named Leslie Taylor tested nine commonly marketed colloidal silver products available at health-food stores and concluded:

Two of the products were contaminated with microorganisms.
      The amount of silver suspended in solution varied from product to product and would gradually decrease over time.
      Only five products actually showed antibacterial activity in a laboratory test. To perform the test, she prepared a culture plate with Staphylococcus aureas bacteria, which can cause infections in humans. She then placed a drop from each product on the plate and used disks of two common antibiotics as controls. After eight hours of incubation, she found that bacterial growth had been inhibited around the antibiotics and four of the products.

Of course, the fact that a product inhibits bacteria in a laboratory culture doesn't mean it is effective (or safe) in the human body. In fact, products that kill bacteria in the laboratory would be more likely to cause argyria because they contain more silver ions that are free to deposit in the user's skin.

FDA laboratory studies have found that the amount of silver in some product samples has varied from 15.2% to 124% of the amount listed on the product labels. The amount of silver required to produce argyria is unknown and can vary substantially between individuals.

The systemic toxic effects of silver may include:
      Argyria - a permanent and irriversible blue-grey tinge of the skin
      Gastrointestinal catarrh
      Tissue wasting
      Uremia
      Albuminuria
      Fatty degeneration of the liver, kidney, and heart
      Hemorrhage
      Idiopathic thrombocytopenia
      Fluidity of the blood
      Chronic bronchitis
      Loss of coordination
      Decreased night vision
      Gustatory disturbance
      Vestibular impairment
      Seizure of the grand mal type
      Death by paralysis of the respiratory system
    • Thanks guys ..... I never knew that's where the term 'blue blood' came from Moonie ... interesting.

Sanuk .. I think we read the same Shingles website ;)

Obviously you are not a fan of silver!!!! Thanks for the info :)

By the way, what are you hoping to treat with the colloidal silver?

Just thought it might help my Dad. His immune system is down, probably caused by the Lymphoma. He's also had two nasty bouts of a urinary tract infection. Was just trying to think of something that could maybe help him.
      Start date AGAIN August 24 2010

Cheers
      Cazza xx
    • I was told by the lady at my HFS that I should buy some silver as I repeatedly get sick, with sore throats etc. Had Glandular Fever a while ago and it seems to have effected my immune system quite a bit, I seem to pick up most sicknesses going around!!

But after reading this I don't think I want to buy any! Sounds rather dodgy!;)

Weird how this post came up just 2 days after I was told I should get some!! LOL
      Currently 72.5 - 73kg
      Goal 70
      then 65
      eventually 60
      will take it from there
    • Yeah doesn't look very popular here:

In December 2002, the Australian Therapeutic Goods Administration amended its rules so that water-treatment products containing substances like colloidal silver for which therapeutic claims are made must meet the requirements of medicines included in the Australian Register of Therapeutic Goods. This means that such products can no longer be legally marketed without proof that they are safe and effective for their intended purpose. The amendment was based on clnclusions that:

* There is little evidence to support therapeutic claims made for colloidal silver products;
      * The risk to consumers of silver toxicity outweighs the value of trying an unsubstantiated treatment, and bacterial resistance to silver can occur
      * Efforts should be made to curb the illegal availability of colloidal silver products, which is a significant public health issue [11] .
    • CERTIANLY NOT BUYING IT!!! Poor woman being that color forever!

I agree Cazza this is an excellent site!!!! I recommend it to all my friends asking about trying LC!! And then hope to god they dont read my diary!! LOL
      Currently 72.5 - 73kg
      Goal 70
      then 65
      eventually 60
      will take it from there
    • cazza... i suffered with shingles when i was about 16 (many many many years ago) it was only a small area at the back of my arm but the pain was intense......i cringe whenever i hear of anyone having shingles....didnt know they were contagious tho.......ive learned so much just reading all the posts...thanks guys
    • Re: Colloidal silver and shingles

This is an old thread, however I would just like to say that 99% of what I have read here is rubbish propagated by the anti silver fraternity, scaremongers, governments and pharmaceutical companies etc etc, and perpetuated and regurgitated on millions of web sites globally, and where do they all spring from...America, the home of the big dollar enterprises. I say this just in case there are others out there who may read all the above posts, actually start to believe it, and are turned away from EICS.

I have been producing and ingesting a quantity of EICS *every* morning for several years...turning blue will simply *not* happen when using pure silver and distilled water and it is produced and ingested in the appropriate manner, and by 'appropriate' I mean you don't need to ingest 25 litres a day as 500 to 750ml per day is the most I have ever used in the treatment of several health related issues, and this was only short term, perhaps a week or so, till there was observable efficacy which required no further treatment.

I have treated shingles on a family member and cleared it up in around 10-12 days, I documented the treatment also, on a daily basis for what it's worth. I was stated to me that this persons case may have been a 'mild' case of shingles, personally I don't think so, that was just a feeble attempt to discredit the efficacy of the EICS.

I'll leave you with one thought....Of all the people globally that ingest CS, think for a second how many that would be...thousands...tens of thousands...hundreds of thousands, (they are called millions), you can only find three (3) cases of Argyria, but the best is that not one of these were ingesting *true* EICS...Those who read such material would be well advised to do some more research on exactly what it was they were ingesting...it wasn't true EICS! True EICS is only pure silver and distilled water produced by the electrylosis method, predominantly using Low Voltage DC, with *nothing* else added!