low carb gravy for roasts

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• low carb gravy for roasts

This is out of the Power of Protein book by Chris Smith.

Ingredients:
      Pan juices from roast
      1 tablespoon tomato paste
      Dash lemon juice
      1 cup cream
      1 teaspoon soya sauce
      1/2 teaspoon vegemite
      1 teaspoon chopped parsley

Method:
      combine all ingredients with pan juices and heat gently, stirring constantly until mixture boils.

Serves 6 @ 2.5g carbs per serve.

I am having lamb roast for dinner tonight and will let you know how it goes.
      Heaviest ever 99.3kg
      94.7/89/68
      Started Atkins 19/09/04

21kg to go!
    • sounds nice!! i make a pot roast with lamb, it has a packet of french onion soup, two bacon stock cubes, tomato paste and red wine. mix that with some water (i guess but maybe 3 cups, it shouldn't be too watery) in the casserole dish, plonk the lamb in and cook for about 2 hours. when i take the lamb out to slice, the gravy has thickened nicely. it is our fave meal. oh you poke cloves of garlic into the lamb before putting it in the dish.
      cheers, sam

go hard...or go home