Pasta!

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• I was looking through my bread machine recipe book the other night and found a recipe for pasta, it was so simple and I thought maybe I could substitute the plain flour for something else, so tonight I made the following recipe (this made quite a lot (about 4 serves) so may want to make less if just for one)

250g Lowans soy flour
      100ml water
      2 eggs
      1/4 tsp salt
      Mix it all together in a bowl and then knead. It is kinda sticky, but I used additonal flour to use on my rolling pin and the board and then I cut it into strips and put in boiling water for about 7 mins.

I was amazed at how yummy it was! I had spaghetti bol tonight and have lots left for lunch. I threw the bag for the soy flour out already and forgot to look @ the carb count but I know it was low low low! It doesn;t have the same chewy texture that pasta can have, but it is great.
      Let me know what you think if you try it.