Wheat Tortillas

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Wheat Tortillas

I used the new Wheat Protein Isolate on the weekend, i hadn't liked the previous taste but this stuff is much better. the recipe i used is from the passthetoast recipe but I'll post it here too:

½ Cup Wheat Protein Isolate
      ½ Cup Almond Flour, or ground almonds
      ½ Cup All Purpose or Whole Wheat Flour
      ½ Tsp Baking Powder
      1 TBSP Oil
      ½ Pkg. Sweetener
      Enough warm water to make a consistency like cookie dough - at least 1 cup

Method:

Mix dry ingredients together and add oil and water (can use food processor if you have one, or, by hand will work too). Knead about 3 minutes and separate into 12 balls (I actually made 10 to have them slightly bigger). Dust counter and rolling pin with extra wheat protein isolate as often as you need to keep the dough from sticking. Roll each ball as big and thin as you can...shoot for about 8" across.

Place in ungreased frying pan preheated to medium heat. Cook until brown spots appear, turn and cook other side. Repeat until all are cooked.

Put in plastic bag while still slightly warm to keep them nice and soft and store in fridge. Each one has 3 (3.6 if you make 10) carbs.

Fry each in oil to crisp if you are going to make tacos or taco salad with them.

Additional Comments:

The creator of the recipe says their efforts to not use SOME white flour have not been successful (I used stoneground wheat and thought they were fine)
      cheers, sam

go hard...or go home