The Cheesecake Thread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• The Cheesecake Thread

This is the place to be to find a good low carb cheesecake recipe, call it a low carb cheesecake recipe index - lot's to choose from, enjoy!

And please if you post a cheesecake recipe please post it in a new thread (to allow discussion without getting confused between recipes) and then add the link to the thread here and I will pop it into this first post which is the index for cheesecake recipes posted in our recipe section.

note: we now have a low carb cheesecake recipe forum

Low Carb Cheesecake Recipes

Chocolate Swirl Fridge Cheesecake

Cheesecake Factory

Lemon Swirl Cheesecake

Low Carb Chocolate Swirl Cheesecake

Baked Chocolate Cheesecake

Low Carb Pumpkin Cheesecake

Debbie's Cheesecake

Low Carb Baked Chocolate Cheesecake

Low Carb Cream Cheese Muffins (Cheesecakes)

Heavenly Moussy Choc Cheesecake

Cheesecake Squares

Mini Baked Cheesecakes

Cheesecake - lemon or orange flavour

Lowcarb Key Lime Pie

Sammie's (Sammiejam) Quick And Easy Low Carb Cheesecake

Totally Guilt Free Cheesecake

Cheesecake Slice

Creamy Lemon Cheesecake

Easy Peesy Cheesecake

Caramel Apple Cheesecake

Misty's Lemon Custard Cheesecake

Chocolate Macadamia Cheesecake

Divinely Rich Cheesecake

Aussie Cheesecake

Chocolate Cheesecake

Tangy Lemon/Lime Cheesecake

Mom's Cheese Pie

Chocolate & Roasted Hazelnut Cheesecake

Mini Baked Cheesecakes

Baked Blueberry Cheesecake

NY Cheesecake w/ Brazil Nut Crust

Vanilla and Pecan Cheese Cake

Fridge Set Cheesecake

Baked Cheesecake

Almond Cheese Cake

Tanyas Individual Baked Lemon Cheesecakes

Various Cheese Cake Recipes

• Amaretto Cheesecake

• Coconut Cheesecake

• White Chocolate Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake

• Lemon Cheesecake

• Pumpkin Custard Cheesecake

• Buttery Chocolate Cheesecake

Tips and Suggestions for Making Cheesecakes

Neufchatel

Cottage Cheese

Nice additions

Cheesecake Bases 1

Cheesecake Bases 2

Cheesecake Bases 3

Cheesecake 101 Tips on how to make successful cheesecakes!
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

The post was edited 2 times, last by Sherrie: add link. ().

• CHEESECAKE SQUARES

From the Sweets thread:

Originally posted by sammiejam
      CHEESECAKE SQUARES

1pkt aeroplane wild cherry diet jelly
      i tub marscapone cheese
      i tub of cream cheese ( i use homebrand)
      microwave cream cheese for 20 secs. Beat with marscapone.
      prepare jelly but use a bit less water than what it says to on the packet. Beat into cheese mixture. Put in pan and set in fridge. sometimes i put the same base that i use for the mini baked cheesecake but not as a rule.

MINI BAKED CHEESECAKES

crunch up 4 homebrand digestive biscuits (9gs carb)
      add 1pkt of almond meal and enough butter to make it hold together(approx3tbs)

beat together
      1tub cream cheese
      1 tub marscapone
      i carton of sourcream
      1 egg
      splenda to taste
      vanilla or lemon essence

press base into muffin tins or patty pans. Fill with cheese mixture. Bake on low heat for 30 mins, or til golden on top. Leave in oven with door open after baked for 1 hour, then refrigerate.

i use muffin tins so i can control how much i eat. I often have a couple for breakfast with decafe,so good. Easy to transport too.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

• CHEESECAKE - lemon or orange flavour

Sweets Thread:

Originally posted by Rossana
      [B]CHEESECAKE - lemon or orange flavour[/b]

There is no base on this cheescake.

Ingredients:
      500g cream cheese - room temperature
      1 cup cream
      1/2 - 2/3 cup sweetener (up to you)
      4 eggs
      4 tbspn vanilla
      1/4 tsp salt
      Zest of one orange OR one lemon

Method:
      Preheat oven to 200C. Mix all ingredients together with a mixer until completely smooth. Pour into a 22cm (or thereabouts) GLASS pie plate preferably. Bake at 200C for 25 minutes and then turn down the heat to 150C and bake for 15-20 minutes or until a knife inserted in the centre comes out clean.

Turn off the oven for the last five minutes and leave the cake inside. Take cake out and leave to cool. Place in fridge and cool for at least 2-3 hours.

There are approximate 8 serves of just under 5g carbs each.

• Lowcarb Key Lime Pie

Sweets thread:

Lowcarb Key Lime Pie

1 package sugar-free lime jelly
      1/3 cup boiling water
      1/3 cup cold water
      2 8-oz packages cream cheese, softened
      1/2 cup heavy cream
      1 pkg sweetener (e.g. Splenda or Sweet' 'N' Low, i havent seen in the stores but i grab a hand full every time i go to gloria jeans hehe, naughty me)
      1 tsp coconut extract or 1/3 cup coconut cream
      1 cup pecans, ground
      1 tbsp butter

Melt butter in a small bowl. Add ground nuts, sweetener and half the coconut extract. Pour all unto the bottom of a pie pan except for 2 tbsp. A clear glass pan is pretty. Spread all over bottom of pan and put in fridge to chill.
      In a small bowl whip the heavy cream until peaks form. Set aside. While it is being whipped you can bring water to boil. Mix the jelly with 1/3 cup boiling water until all the gelatin has dissolved. Then add cold water and stir. For the next step I have found you need a big bowl with HIGH sides. Slowly add in the cream cheese (I add each 250g package in 4 chunks) and continue to beat with a mixer at slow speed. After all cream cheese is added put in the remaining coconut extract or coconut cream and beat at high speed until smooth. Then using low speed blend in the whipped cream.
      Using spatula scrape into the pie pan and spread around. Sprinkle remaining nuts on top. Chill for at least 2 hours so jello can set. Entire recipe has 44g carbs and 10g fiber and should serve 6-8.
      Enjoy....

• SAMMIE'S (Sammiejam) QUICK AND EASY LOW CARB CHEESECAKE

Sweets Thread:

Originally posted by Rossana
      :D SAMMIE'S (Sammiejam) QUICK AND EASY LOW CARB CHEESECAKE

Guys - this is really good. There is a version lower in fat, but let's start with this one :)

mascarpone 300g
      cream cheese (low fat) 1 tub 250g
      diet jelly crystals 1 sachet
      water 100ml
      strawberries (optional) 125g
      digestive biscuits - 4 bisc (55g)
      almond meal 100g
      butter 75-100g

PFC
      Total of 8 slices 50-P 294-F 30-C
      Per Serve 6 37 4

METHOD
      BISCUIT BASE
      Mash digestives with a rolling pin in a plastic bag
      Mix with almond meal in a bowl
      Melt butter (start with 75g) and add to biscuit/almond mix
      Press into a pie/flan dish - Put into the freezer while you make the filling
      FILLING
      Leave mascarpone and cream cheese at room temp until soft
      Beat together with mixer until combined
      Bring Water to boil
      Add jelly crystals to water and dissolve
      Add Jelly liquid to cheese mixture and beat with mixer until smooth
      You can add some of the chopped strawberries to the cream cheese if desired - reserve some for decoration
      Pour cream cheese mixture onto base and refrigerate
      Filling will set quickly - within 30 minutes in the fridge, even less in freezer if you pop in the freezer for 10 minutes first.
      Unused cheesecake freezes well.

• TOTALLY GUILT FREE CHEESECAKE

Sweets thread:

TOTALLY GUILT FREE CHEESECAKE

3/4 cup PoH muffin mix
      4 tbs almond meal
      2 tbs butter

melt butter, mix with muffin mix and almond meal. Press into non stick pan.

filling
      50g lowfat riccotta
      150g farmland lowfat cottage cheese
      150g lowfat creamcheese
      1 sachet of diet jelly
      1/2 cup boiling water

beat until smooth the cheeses. Mix water and jelly. Add to cheese mix and mix. Pour over base and set in fridge. Cut into 9 pieces

PFC count: 9, 14, 2

• Cheesecake slice

Sweets thread:

Originally posted by moonstruck
      I found a recipe in this weeks womans day that should convert nicely..
      The base would be a nono!! but sammies base for the guilt free would be great.

375g softened creamcheese
      quarter cup splenda
      2 eggs
      300ml carton sour cream
      1tsp vanilla
      100g darrell lea zero carb chocolate
      2 tblesps instant decaff coffee
      1tblspn hot water

make base as per sammies recipe
      press evenly into base of pan
      refrigerate until needed.

beat cream cheese and splenda in a sml bowl until light and fluffy.add eggs one at a time beating well.fold in sour cream and essence pour cream mixture over base.

Place zero carb chocolate and blended cofee and hotwater in sml bowl,melt in microwave.Drizzle choc mixture over cream cheese layer in pan.Using a skewer lightly swirl mixtures together.

cook in mod oven 180c for about 35mins or until set.
      cool slice in pan serve cut into squares.

I haven't tried it and haven't worked out the pfc.
      Maybe you could try it sammie and let us know what the carb count is.

;)

• CREAMY LEMON CHEESECAKE (FRIDGE)

Sweets thread:

Originally posted by MissBecca
      I've done the PFC count - thought I might as well plonk the whole recipe in again. Also forgot that I was using chopped walnuts in my base instead of almonds, so have adjusted carb count for almonds (which taste better...) :o

BASE 1
      100g butter
      1/2 cup POH muffin mix
      1/3 cup Spenda
      100g almond meal
      75g finely chopped almonds

OR

BASE 2
      100g butter
      4 crushed digestive biscuits
      100g almond meal
      75g chopped almonds

FILLING
      200 ml thick cream
      2 egg yolks
      2/3 cup splenda
      250g cream cheese
      1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
      2 teaspoons gelatine
      2 tablespoons hot water

1. Prepare the condensed milk component of the filling by whisking the cream, egg yolks and spenda in a saucepan over a low heat. Stir continuously until it thickens, but don't let it heat too long or hot - the cream will curdle. Set aside and allow to cool to room temperature.

2. Choose your base. Melt the butter and stir in the dry ingredients. Press into a cheesecake dish or springform tin. Refrigerate.

3. Complete the filling by mashing the cream cheese with a fork and stirring in the condensed milk. Mix with an electric mixer on medium speed for a couple of minutes until well mixed and lumps are gone. In a small bowl, mix hot water with gelatine; add lemon juice and mix well. Add to cheese mixture and stir in with spoon first and then for about half a minute with the electric mixer.

4. Pour into base, and refrigerate for at least 3 hours, preferably overnight.

CARB COUNT

Base 1 - 42.4g in whole cake
      10 standard serves - PFC = 8.4/35.4/4.2 per serve
      8 generous serves - PFC = 10.5/44.3/5.3 per serve

Base 2 - 60.7 in whole cake
      10 standard serves - PFC = 7.1/35.2/6.1 per serve
      8 generous serves - PFC = 8.9/44/7.6 per serve

Yummo!

• Easy Peesy Cheesecake

Sweets thread:

Originally posted by moonstruck
      no base...

250g philly cheese
      2 good tblspns smooth ricotta
      1/2 cup cream
      sachet peach and apricot low jelly
      1/2 cup hot water
      1/2 cup cold water
      1tblspn Jok'n'al low joule apricot and peach topping.

Melt philly in microwave for 1 min,mix in ricotta,add cream,mix well,
      make jelly with hot water,add cold water and add to cheese/cream mix. Beat well until it starts to thicken and pour over base. set in fridge.
      Before serving add the topping and spread evenly.

cut into 8
      PFC 2.9 8.2 1.7

• Sweets thread (Geez I should just name the sweets thread to cheesecake thread lol):

Originally posted by Sherrie
      Amaretto Cheesecake

Low Carbohydrate Recipe
      Ingredients:
      1 packet unflavored gelatin
      1/4 cup water
      8 ounce box softened cream cheese
      1 cup heavy cream
      1 teaspoon vanilla
      1/2 cup Davinci Amaretto Syrup
      2 teaspoons cocoa
      6 packets Splenda
      2 squares sugar-free chocolate, for grating (optional)

Directions:
      Whip 3/4 cup cream until very stiff; set aside.

Dissolve gelatin in cold water.

Heat 1/4 cup cream in a medium bowl in the microwave until very hot. Cut cream cheese in small pieces and add to cream. Add gelatin, vanilla, cocoa, syrup, and sweetener. Beat well with electric mixer. Fold in whipped cream.

Pour into 8-inch pie pan or line regular size muffin cups with paper and divide mixture evenly among the 12 cups. Refrigerate about 2 hours until firm.

When firm, grate 2 squares of the chocolate bar over the top as a garnish.

22.6 carbs in total recipe.

Coconut Cheesecake

Low Carbohydrate Recipe
      Ingredients:
      32 ounces cream cheese
      1 cup vanilla DaVinci syrup
      2-3 capfuls coconut extract
      1 teaspoon lemon juice
      4 eggs plus 1 egg yolk
      3 tablespoons sour cream
      3 ounces unsweetned coconut

Directions:
      With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese, sour cream, lemon juice, extract and syrup at slow to medium speed, scraping sides often. When completely mixed (with no lumps), add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating very slowly. When eggs are incorporated, do not mix any more.

With a spatula, gently fold in the coconut until just mixed.

Pour the mixture into the springform pan. Place the pan on a very large piece of aluminum foil, and fold the foil up around the pan to create a watertight barrier around the cheesecake. Then place the barrier pan in an even larger pan and fill the larger pan halfway with water. This is called a water bath. It is a gentler way to cook the cheesecake. Place the entire water bath containing the cheesecake in a 300-degree preheated oven. Cook for 1 hour and reduce heat to 200 degrees for 1 more hour. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in until the oven is completely cool. The cheesecake can even be left overnight at this point.

Run a knife around the edge of the cheesecake, separating it from the sides of the pan.

White Chocolate Marbled Pumpkin Cheesecake

Low Carbohydrate Recipe
      Ingredients:
      24 ounces Cream cheese (3 8-ounce packages)
      1 cup Splenda
      1 teaspoon vanilla extract
      1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice
      4 eggs, plus 1 egg yolk
      3 tablespoons sour cream
      1 can (15 oz.) of prepared pumpkin
      3 Squares White Chocolate (baking bar), melted in double boiler

Directions:
      Bring all cold ingredients to room temperature.

With an electric mixer, combine the cream cheese and sugar at slow to medium speed, scraping sides often. Add all other ingredients except eggs and pumpkin. When completely mixed (with no lumps), add the eggs and egg yolk, one at a time, beating very slowly. When eggs are incorporated separate out one cup of batter then fold pumpkin into the rest of the batter. When pumpkin is blended, do not mix any more.

To the one cup of separated batter, add the three squares of melted white chocolate and blend.

Add half of the pumpkin batter to a well greased springform pan. Add spoonfuls of the white chocolate batter, and then cover with remaining pumpkin batter. Swirl through with spatula to create marbling effect.

Place the pan on a very large piece of aluminum foil, and fold the foil up around the pan to create a watertight barrier around the cheesecake. Then place the springform pan in an even larger pan and fill the larger pan halfway with water.

Place the entire water bath containing the cheesecake in a 300-degree preheated oven. Cook for 1 hour and reduce heat to 200 degrees for 1 more hour. Turn oven off and leave cheesecake in until the oven is completely cool. The cheesecake can even be left overnight at this point. Cracks can occur when a cheesecake cools too quickly. Let it set up for several hours in the fridge, preferably overnight.

Garnish with curls of white chocolate.

If you don't want to add the chocolate, just keep all the batter together and make the entire cake pumpkin, it will work fine that way too.

Lemon Cheesecake

Low Carbohydrate Recipe
      Ingredients:
      1/2 cup almonds
      1 stick butter
      8 ounces cream cheese
      1 small package lemon diet Jello
      1 cup hot water

Directions:
      Melt butter in pie pan. Mix with crushed nuts. Put under broiler until toasted.

Distribute evenly and place pie pan in freezer to set for 1/2 hour.

In blender, mix hot water with diet jello; add cream cheese and mix well. Pour in pie pan and refrigerate until set.

Serve with whipped cream on top, if desired.

Recipe makes four servings, 3 carbs per serving.

Pumpkin Custard Cheesecake

Low Carbohydrate Recipe
      Ingredients:
      Crust:
      2 cups almonds, ground (crumbled graham cracker consistancy: done in food processer)
      1 stick butter, melted
      1 tablespoon Splenda

Mix all together, press into pie pan. bake at 400-degrees for four minutes.

Filling:
      2 boxes cream cheese (8 ounces each)
      3 eggs
      1 cup pumpkin (canned or fresh, cooked)
      1/2 cup Splenda
      1 tablespoon pumpkin pie spice

Directions:
      Mix all togther, pour into crust. Bake at 400-degrees for about 18 minutes (until set).

Serving Size : 12

Buttery Chocolate Cheesecake

Ingredients:
      16 ounces cream cheese
      1 cup butter
      24 packets sweetener
      1cup sour cream
      1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla
      1/2 teaspoon almond extract
      1 teaspoon instant coffee
      1 cup almonds -- chopped and toasted in 350-degree oven for about five minutes
      2 ounces unsweetened baking chocolate, grated

Directions:
      Soften the cream cheese and butter slightly. Beat together until creamy. Add the Equal and sour cream. Beat well. Add the flavorings, nuts and chocolate. Beat well. Line a loaf pan with a tea towel or napkins. Place the cheese mixture into the pan and cover. weight down and refrigerate overnight. Unmold and slice to serve.

Nutrition information per serving:
      Calories: 304
      Fat: 31g
      Protein: 6g
      Carbohydrate: 6g
      Fiber: 2g
      Cholesterol: 69mg
      Sodium: 210
      Calories from fat: 86.9%
      Exchanges: 1/2 Lean Meat, 6 Fat

• Caramel Apple Cheesecake

apinchofhealth.com/forum/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=2011

Originally posted by snez
      This one looked yummy so I thought I'd post it:

Caramel Apple Cheesecake
      Hits: 9637 | Votes: 9 | Rating: 10 out of 10

By: Sharron Long

Caramel Apple Cheesecake
      Makes 8 servings.

1 Basic Pie Crust (see below), unbaked

Filling:
      1 apple, peeled, cored and sliced (about 1 1/2 cups)
      2 cups (16 ounces) cream cheese, room temperature
      1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream, room temperature
      1/2 teaspoon vanilla
      8 packets sucralose
      1 teaspoon SteviaPlus®
      2 tablespoons milk and egg protein (perhaps egg protein omitted)
      1/4 teaspoon sea salt
      2 eggs, room temperature
      1/4 cup heavy cream, room temperature
      Caramel Nut Sauce (see below)

1. Follow the crust instructions for an unbaked shell. Refrigerate
      the crust while preparing the filling.

2. Filling and baking instructions: Preheat the oven to 375• F.
      Place the apple slices into a microwave safe dish with a lid. Microwave it
      on high power for about 1 1/2 minutes, until the apple is just beginning to
      soften.

3. In a large mixing bowl with an electric mixer beat the
      cream cheese, sour cream and vanilla on medium-low speed until it is
      fluffy, about 2 minutes. It is terribly important to have the filling ingredients
      at room temperature. A cheesecake is simply a thing that cannot be
      rushed!

4. In a small bowl combine the sucralose, SteviaPlus®, milk and egg
      protein and salt. Gradually add these dry ingredients into the cheese mixture,
      beating only until combined.

5. Combine the eggs and the cream in another small bowl
      and mix them up well with a fork. Add the eggs and cream to the
      cheese mixture and beat it on low speed until it is just combined.

6. Spread the apples evenly over the crust, then pour the
      filling over the apples.

Bake the cheesecake at 375• F about 20 minutes. The sides should be
      puffy and the center still slightly jiggly. Leave the cheesecake in the oven
      and turn the oven off, leaving the door slightly ajar, for about 20 minutes.
      Remove the cheesecake from the oven and cool it thoroughly on a wire
      rack, then chill it in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours.

7. Prepare the Caramel Nut Sauce according to the directions.
      Drizzle the sauce over the slices of cheesecake as they are served.

[Nutritional information per serving: (Includes crust and sauce)
      Carbohydrates: 10 grams
      Effective Carb Count: 7 grams
      Protein: 9 grams
      Fat: 50 grams
      Calories: 549

Basic Pie Crust

Makes the crust for one 9' to 10' pie.

This recipe is tried and true! I use it as my base for everything that
      gets thrown into a shell! It is super-dooper easy if you have preground
      almonds available. It takes way less than 10 minutes to
      make. In fact, if you are a die-hard •make ahead• person, you
      could even mix this up in multiple batches, omitting the butter,
      and freeze the mix until you are ready to use it!

Crust:
      1 cup almonds, ground
      1/2 cup soy protein (NOT soy flour!)
      1 teaspoon SteviaPlus®
      4 packets sucralose
      1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
      6 tablespoons butter, room temperature

1. For a pie that will not be baked (baked crust): Combine
      the crust ingredients with a pastry blender or food processor and press
      into a 9' to 10' pie pan. Bake it for 5 minutes at 450• F. Cool the crust
      completely before adding the filling.

2. For a pie that will be baked (unbaked crust): Follow
      the above instructions, only don•t bake the shell. Fill and bake the
      pie as directed.

Nutritional information per serving:
      Carbohydrates: 3 grams
      Effective Carb Count: 1 grams
      Protein: 10 grams
      Fat: 17 grams
      Calories: 200

Caramel Nut Sauce

Makes enough to cover one cheesecake.

This simple little sauce is terrific on Caramel Apple Cheesecake, but can
      also be used to top Vanilla Yogurt or cottage cheese. My kids
      actually prefer to just eat it off the spoon! If you want it without nuts, follow
      the same instructions, though you may need to increase the xanthan
      gum. It may also be prepared in the microwave.

1 tablespoon butter
      1/4 cup nuts (almonds, walnuts or pecans), chopped or sliced
      Pinch sea salt (way less than 1/8 teaspoon!)
      4 tablespoons caramel flavored sugar free specialty syrup
      1/8 teaspoon xanthan gum

1. Melt the butter in a small sauce pan over mediumlow
      heat. Add the nuts and salt and cook them until
      they are becoming golden, about 3 minutes. Don’t
      allow the butter to brown, and keep the temperature
      pretty low. Remove the pan from the heat for about
      1 minute.

2. Pour the syrup into the pan. Place it back onto the
      burner and allow it to simmer for a few seconds before
      gently sprinkling the xanthan gum over it. Stir it
      well and remove it from the heat.

3. Cool it partially before serving it.

Nutritional information per serving:
      Carbohydrates: 1 grams
      Effective Carb Count: trace
      Protein: 1 grams
      Fat: 4 grams
      Calories: 40

If you like this recipe, you can find more like it in 'Extreme Lo-Carb Cuisine' published by Adams Media, available where ever books are sold.

• Misty’s Lemon Custard Cheesecake

apinchofhealth.com/forum/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=1866

Originally posted by mistycheesman
      MISTY’S LEMON CUSTARD CHEESECAKE

1x carton sour cream
      4x egg yolks
      1/2 tsp vanilla essence
      1/2 tsp lemon essence
      zest of 2 lemons
      12x "Splenda" tabs dissolved in 1 Tbsp water

500g Philly cream cheese
      2x tubs Pauls continental cottage cheese
      4x tsp gelatine dissolved in 125mls boiling water

Make lemon custard:

1. Melt sour cream over double boiler.
      2. Beat in egg yolks one at a time, stirring constantly.
      3. Add Splenda, vanilla essence, lemon essence and lemon zest. Mix well.
      4. Continue over double boiler until custard has thickened.
      5. Allow to cool.

Make cheesecake:
      1. Using a large bowl, soften chopped Philly in microwave on high for 1 minute, stir and
      microwave again for 1 minute, stir again.
      2. Add cottage cheese, and mix well with electric beater.
      3. Add lemon custard, mix well.
      4. Add dissolved gelatine and mix well.
      5. Pour into spring form pan, and refrigerate until set.
      6. Slice into 10 serves.

Top with what ever you desire, e.g. drizzle over choc sauce made with low-carb choc and cream; or low joule jam and cream; or have with low joule icecream. Whatever.

Protein: 140.1 Fat: 224.5 Carbs: 17.7 Cals: 2673.65

Per serve (10): P 14 F 22.5 C 1.8 Cals 267.4

• Chocolate Macadamia Cheesecake

apinchofhealth.com/forum/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=1375

Originally posted by Sweetgirl
      You guys are such big cheesecake fans - here is one we loved!!

1 250g cream cheese (needs to be softened)
      1 egg
      1 cup cream
      1/3 cup splenda(powder)
      1/3 cup of other sweetner or equivilant (I used a liquid one I had, but using another 1/3 cup of splenda should work)
      1/2 cup macadamia nuts unsalted (I crushed mine up a little)
      125g pre-melted unsweetened chocolate.

How to prepare:

Mix cream, sweetners, egg and pre-melted chocolate in medium bowl and blend with hand mixer. Add softened cream cheese, blend well. Add nuts. Pour into pie pan that has been sprayed with Pam spray. Cook in 325 degree oven for 1/2 hour. Turn off the oven and let set in oven for 45 mins. Take out and cool in refrigerator.

The actual recipe asked for sour cream - but I thought it was a typo and just used normal cream. I only thought sour cream was used for savory cooking. But I have seen it in other cheesecake recipes, so it is up to you what you use. Normal cream worked for us.

• Divinely rich cheesecake

Originally posted by Maigy
      This one is going to be my birthday cake - I just love baked cheesecake:

Baked Bistro Cheesecake

750g cream cheese
      2 eggs
      20g Splenda
      40ml lemon juice
      pinch nutmeg
      Total cal 2830.7 c 40.4 f 251.2 p 71.7
      12 serves of cal 235.9 c 3.4 f 21 p 6
      8 serves of cal 353.8 c 5.1 f 31.4 p 9

Mix creamcheese with electric mixer until smooth - add eggs, Splenda lemon juice and nutmeg and continue to beat until smooth and creamy. The batter is pretty thick.
      Pour/spoon into springform cake pan (I line the bottom of mine with paper) and bake at 150C for an hour.
      Let it cool in the oven - then refrigerate for two-three hours at least.
      I like it best with sour cream on top but you can also add sweet toppings or fruit and sprinkle nuts

BTW - 1/2 cup of Splenda = 15grams. I used just over but some may prefer 3/4 cup so adjust the numbers accordingly.
      Nutmeg is calculated at cal 5 c 0.5 f0.3 p0.1

Divinely rich cheesecake

• Aussie Cheesecake

Originally posted by lcgourmet
      I don't know where I found this recipe. But the passionfruit adds a very pleasent twist. Enjoy

* Exported from MasterCook *

AUSTRALIAN CHEESECAKE

Recipe By : Serving Size : 10 Preparation Time :3:00
      Categories : 0-5G Low Carb Dessert Cheesecake Baked

Amount Measure Ingredient Preparation Method
      -------- ------------ --------------------------------
      1 lb Cream Cheese -- 500g softened
      3 lg Eggs -- Separated
      1 tsp Lemon Rind -- Grated
      1 tsp Vanilla Extract
      2 tbsp Passion Fruit
      1/2 cup splenda
      2 tbsp flour -- not bleached
      2 tsp Lemon Juice
      1/2 cup Heavy Cream

Make the passion fruit pulp from fresh passion fruits or substitute
      CHEESECAKE: Preheat the oven to 300°F-150°C.
      In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese and splenda until light and fluffy.
      Add the egg yolks, one at a time, beating well after each.
      Beat in the flour, lemon rind, lemon juice, and vanilla until just mixed.
      Whip the cream until stiff in a medium mixing bowl. Set aside.
      In another mixing bowl, beat the egg whites until they form stiff peaks, then fold them into the cheese mixture.
      Fold in the reserved whipped cream.
      Stir in the passion fruit pulp then pour the mixture into the prepared pan and bake for 45 minutes to 1 hour.
      Cool, in the oven, to room temperature, then chill.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

NOTES : The AUSSIE Low Carb Gourmet Tony Blakemore 2002
      e-mail Tony@carb-lite.au.com
      web site carb-lite.au.com
      Over 2,500 Low Carb, LC Diabetic, LC Kosher Recipes

4.6 carbs per slice

apinchofhealth.com/forum/vbb/s…ghlight=Aussie+Cheesecake

• Cheesecake Base

This is the best cheesecake base. It tastes kind of like Anzac biscuits.
      - ground almonds, ground walnuts (about equal portions), dessicated coconut (handful) and butter and a bit of sweetner. The base held together really nicely, no crumbling. I didn't measure.
      Weight Loss Goal - to reach 55kg
      Currently doing 12 week body transformation - at 64kg (9kg to goal)
      (Started 27/8/12 at 77.8kg)
    • Before I fell preggo I had been enjoying a chocolate cheesecake, using lindt 85% chocolate and some rich 100% cocoa powder (homebrand believe it or not), vanilla, cream cheese/neufatchel, splenda , cream and gelatin if I remember right.

With that one instead of the poh mix base I make an almond base using almond meal, slivered almonds, coconut, butter(usually use a mix of butter and coconut oil), and a bit of splenda and vanilla and then bake the base in the oven for a little bit untill brown, very yummy!

I have made a naughty one for today using condensed milk and choccie bikkies, will probably be too sweet for me hehe

Everything has to be chocolate for me atm, I almost made a mars bars cheesecake but stopped myself :)

• Tangy Lemon/Lime Cheesecake

Tangy Lemon/Lime Cheesecake

4 Limes or lemons (or mix of both)
      3 tsp gelatin
      500g cream cheese
      200g yoghurt
      1/2 cup splenda

Grate rind and squeeze juice. Sprinkle gelatin over juice and dissolve over hot water. Cool

Soften cream cheese and beat thoroughly with yoghurt and splenda. Add juice, mix well. Pour in pan.

Refrigerate until set.

• MOM'S CHEESE PIE

MOM'S CHEESE PIE

Low carb cookie crust, optional (I used Ellie's Peanut Butter Cookies) *see below*
      16 ounces cream cheese, softened
      1 1/8 cups granulated Splenda or 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid Splenda
      Dash salt
      3 eggs
      3/4 teaspoon vanilla
      Topping (optional)

Topping:
      1 cup sour cream
      2 tablespoon granulated Splenda or 1/4 teaspoon liquid Splenda
      1 teaspoon vanilla

Crust:
      1 1/2 cups Ellie's Peanut Butter Cookie crumbs (about 16 cookies or 5 ounces)
      6 tablespoons butter

If using a crust, melt the butter in 9 1/2-10" glass pie plate using a microwave. Add the crumbs and mix well, then pat over bottom and about 1 inch up sides of plate. Press firmly and evenly into pan. Freeze while preparing the filling.

In medium bowl, beat cream cheese with electric mixer until smooth. Add Splenda, salt, eggs and vanilla and beat just until well-combined. Pour into crust and bake at 350º 20 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool 15 minutes. Meanwhile, raise oven temperature to 450º. Mix Topping ingredients and spread over pie. Bake 5 minutes. Cool, then chill well before serving.

Makes 8-12 servings
      Can be frozen (see note below)

With granular Splenda:
      Per 1/8 recipe: 484 Calories; 45g Fat; 11g Protein; 10g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 9g Net Carbs
      Per 1/12 recipe: 323 Calories; 30g Fat; 8g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
      Per 1/8 recipe: 469 Calories; 45g Fat; 11g Protein; 7g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 6g Net Carbs
      Per 1/12 recipe: 313 Calories; 30g Fat; 8g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 3g Net Carbs

CHEESECAKE FILLING (whole batch):
      With granular Splenda:
      1924 Calories; 173g Fat; 53g Protein; 42g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 42g Net Carbs
      With liquid Splenda:
      1816 Calories; 173g Fat; 53g Protein; 15g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 15g Net Carbs

TOPPING (whole batch):
      With granular Splenda:
      517 Calories; 48g Fat; 7g Protein; 14g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 14g Net Carbs
      With liquid Splenda:
      505 Calories; 48g Fat; 7g Protein; 11g Carbohydrate; 0g Dietary Fiber; 11g Net Carbs

CRUST (whole batch):
      1429 Calories; 138g Fat; 30g Protein; 27g Carbohydrate; 7g Dietary Fiber; 20g Net Carbs

I used a very old recipe that my Mom always used to make, but substituted Splenda for the sugar and low carb cookie crumbs for the graham cracker crust. I was very pleased with the results, although I think there's no real substitute for graham cracker crust. This cheesecake is very creamy and the topping adds a little bit of tartness. You could substitute any low carb cookie crumbs of your choice. Depending on how much butter is in your cookies, you may need to decrease the amount of butter. I'd start with 4 tablespoons and add more if needed.

As you can see, you can save a lot of carbs by using liquid Splenda instead of granulated. Of course you could use the zero carb sweetener of your choice if you don't have liquid Splenda on hand. I probably would not make this recipe using granulated Splenda because the carbs are simply too high for my tastes. You can save a few carbs by leaving off the topping and/or the crust. In any case, this would also be nice with some berries over the top, but be sure to take the extra carbs into consideration.

NOTE: This can be frozen, but the topping gets a very crackled appearance, the flavor is just as good, and it loses some of its creaminess. It comes out a more like a denser, drier cheesecake after freezing. I thought perhaps the texture change wasn't due to freezing, but to being chilled overnight, so I took a taste of a piece that had never been frozen and it was still just as creamy as it had been the day before.

Also, if you want make this without the topping, you'll probably need to bake it an extra 5-10 minutes. Be careful not to over bake it or you'll end up with a dry cheesecake instead of nice and creamy.

genaw.com/lowcarb/moms_cheese_pie.html

Ellie's Peanut Butter Cookies:

genaw.com/lowcarb/peanut_butter_cookies.html