Low Carb Bread

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Here is a bread recipe I found on another forum. I have all the ingredients but haven't made it yet. There were a lot of comments that it was good on the other thread though. IT is claimed to be 10 carbs per loaf.

I only bought enough of the fibre mix ingredients (see end of recipe) to try it - I got 1/4 each of the amount he specifies. I got all the ingredients from my Go-VIta health food store where they are stocked in bulk. Once I make one I'll add a picture here and some comments. If anyone esle tries it first please come back and tell us how it was.

MY BREAD SUBSTITUTE
      It looks like a bread, it tastes like a bread and I use it as a bread...Over the last six months I have refined the recipe to the point where it now forms the base of my LC foods...It's quick to make,(5 minutes to mix, 40 minutes to cook, 2 minutes to clean up and two days to eat), it's very filling and it's LOW CARB...You can toast it, you can make sandwiches with it, sliced thin you can use it as a pizza base...If you did it with HC bread you can do it with this and not feel guilty.

Said it measured up at 109 carbs per loaf.

Ingredients
      2 cups Fibre Mix (see note 1)
      1 tb/s Baking Powder
      1 t/s Salt
      ½ cup Grated Cheese (Dry mix these 4 ingredients)

2 Eggs
      1 tb/s Oil (I use flaxseed oil, canola or olive oil is ok)
      1 cup Water
      ¼ cup Cream

Mix well and put into non stick 220mmX110mm meatloaf tin (I line mine with baking paper)...Cook in preheated oven at 190deg for 40-45 minutes...Turn out to cool on wire rack...ENJOY...I store mine in a paper towel lined plastic container in the fridge...Sliced about 7mm to 8mm thick, it holds together well because of the cheese...This recipe will keep you regular too which is a problem when low carbing.

Note 1

For the fibre mix I use
      2kg LSA (linseed, sunflower & almond, ground)
      1kg Psyllium Husks
      ½kg Whey Protein Concentrate (I use WP Isolate if $'s permit)

I premix and store the above ingredients in a large plastic container and is enough for about 10 loaves.
      Odille -
      following Primal Lifestyle

Low fat is so last century!
    • Instant Bread

I just saw this recipe, might be good for those do or die situations:

Instant Bread (almond) using oven.

lamsonadventures.com/recipes/instantbread.htm

Ingredients
      100 gr Almond Meal
      2 large Egg, beaten
      1/2 tsp Baking powder
      25 gr Butter, melted

Preparation
      Mix ingredients together, place in a greased cake pan. Bake at 180c (350f) for 20 minutes.
      This bread is so fluffy. I could see making a sandwich on this.

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • Check this bread recipe out:

NUT FREE DAIRY FREE BREAD

Modified by Sheila (Original recipe by Jodi Bager)

6 egg whites
      4 egg yolks
      pinch salt
      1/3 cup pureed vegetables [edit: I am thinking zucchini or cauliflower like the pizza bases]

Instructions

1. Beat the egg whites with salt until firm. Measure out 1/3 cup of
      well cooked vegetables i.e. leftovers. I have done this with a mix of well
      cooked green beans and squash (Also tried well cooked baby carrots and green
      beans). You'll want to press the veggies to take out as much liquid as
      possible. Blend together the yolks and pressed vegetables until liquefied.

2. Gently fold the yolks into the whites and spread into a parchment
      paper lined and side greased 9"x13" glass Pyrex *. Bake at 300 degrees F.
      for 30 minutes. When you remove it from the oven it will be big and fluffy,
      like a soufflé.

3. It will settle but still remain doughy. While still hot from the
      oven, use a flat spatula to remove the bread from the sides of the dish and
      turn it out. Separate it from the parchment paper on the bottom and return it
      to the dish bottom side up. Bake this side for an additional 10 minutes at
      300°F. Sheila's method: (To turn it out and flip without tearing I
      use two long cutting boards. I flip the bread on to one cutting board, remove the
      parchment paper from the bottom. I lay the other cutting board on top and then
      flip the bread. Remove the first board and place the parchment paper either on
      the bread or back in the pan. Lay the pan back over the bread and flip back in.
      This allows the bottom to be browned.)

4. Remove from the oven. I let it cool and then slice into 8 slices.
      This bread must be refrigerated. I learned that the hard way.

Notes : I modified Jodi's Soufflé bread recipe to contain pureed vegetables and eggs so that my daughter could take it to her nut free school. I find this bread much better toasted.

*I have also baked it on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. This makes thin crisp bread. That is great for sandwiches when toasted. I have also made buns with it by putting bun shaped portions on a cookie sheet lined with parchment paper. These make great hamburger buns.

pecanbread.com
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

• Re: protein bread

Protein bread
      (thanks to bubblyfor the recipe) hope you dont mind
      T
      he ingredients i have for Atkins Bake mix is -
      1 cup soy flour
      2 cups protein isolate
      2 tbsp baking soda
      1 tsp salt
      1tabs splenda

make this mix up then use
      1cup of mixture
      2 eggs
      1/2 cup of cream
      1/4 cup water
      also added dont think it made any difference, 1 tsp yeast and 1/2 tsp sugar, so just omit that.

i doubled the mixture and added cheese, italian herbs and garlic, its a little cakie but not bad, got 25 thin slices out of it. if i had a smaller tin would better, as would rise higher, more like bread. but all i had was a tupperware loaf tin.

mix altogether and place in a pan. top with cheese. and bake in 180 degrees oven for 25 mins.

rose_willow wrote:

I just cooked the most amazing low-carb bread. I have been lurking on a few other low carb sites and I have seen a few recipes for what is known as the 'one minute muffin'. It was hard to find a savory version but when I did it always had oil instead of butter where the sweet ones would call for butter.
      Instead, I just used the best parts of a few recipes and made my own. I swear it is absolutely fantastic toasted with butter and vegemite or unsweetened peanut butter.

Here is the recipe

1/4 cup flaxeed meal (bought it at coles)
      1 egg
      Pinch salt
      1/2 teaspoon baking power
      1 -1/2 tablespoon of butter

Mix all together with a fork making sure its well mixed. Pour into a small bowl and microwave on high for one minute. Remove the bread/muffin from the bowl and soak the bowl. Cut the bread round in half and put in a toaster on low until nicely toasted. Top with your favourite low carb spread.

VOILA! A perfect muffin/bread!

I found that the recipe was a bit large for one meal so what I am going to do is put 3/4 of the mix into one bowl and 1/4 into another and use the small one as one bit of toast for breakfast and the other cut in half as sandwhich bread.

THis recipe works well when toasted so think of using it for sandwhiches that require toasting like cheese and tomato or roasted vegetables.

I am already dreaming of cutting one in half and putting tuna, mayo and lettuce on it and toasting it on my sandwhich press. YUM!

I did a search and it seems there hasn't been a thread with this recipe before but if I could be wrong. Let me know if I have doubled up and I will paste it into the appropriate thread.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

• I just tried the above recipe except I bought 200gms of LSA and 200gms Flax and mixed them....and used 1/4 cup of the Mix in the recipe...it was perfect...I found the pure flax a bit heavy...the Mix was much lighter and tasted yummo!

So I had eggs with vegemite on toast....felt 5 yrs old lol
      You don't need eyes to see you need vision... Maxy Jazz....Faithless

[Blocked Image: http://www.3fatchicks.net/img/heartbar/slider-hearts/kg/130.3/75/107/.png] 155kilos 7/2009...I started this time 19/9/2010
    • Re: Atkins Induction Recipes

Low carb "bread"

2 eggs (hole)

1 egg white

2,5 soup spoons of tahini

1 teaspoon of baking powder

1 cup of grated cheese

we hit the eggs with the baking powder and the tahini, on the mixer.
      with o a spoon, we put the cheese in the mixture and we mingle together.

put it on a well-buttered baking sheet (I put it on the muffin baking sheet) and bake them about 20 min, 180 oC

I mostly use them for burger bread :)
    • hello Lisy!

You' re welcome :)

I put the mix in a muffin bake sheet, so when the came out, I leave them to cold and then cut them so I can use them for burgers.

They are like cake when they cold. Really nice. In Greece we use tahini very much, so the taste is familiar to me.

I will try to make some of this these days, and I will upload some pictures.
    • Re: Instant Bread

Sherrie wrote:

I just saw this recipe, might be good for those do or die situations:

Instant Bread (almond) using oven.

lamsonadventures.com/recipes/instantbread.htm

hey do you know if this is okay for the bt system.. i know they say to avoid nuts ? or is it just fatty nuts ? in that case i have no idea.. but i do have a bag of almond meal to be used up.. is this kind of thing okay to eat any time of day, we tend to keep the heavy stuff to breakfast only on bt?
      [Blocked Image: http://swlf.lilyslim.com/6BFTp8.png]

[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="1"]Goal 01: 75Kg .......................... accomplished!
      Goal 02: 70kg .......................... accomplished!
      Goal 03: 65kg
      Goal 04: 59kg[/SIZE][/COLOR]

it is calorie dense if I remember correctly. But you could test it with say once a week and see if you do ok with it.

would be great for hamburger night in our house.. have u heard of any BT bread recipes or what recipes people following bt normally use ? ive got the book but i dont believe there is any bread in it..
      [Blocked Image: http://swlf.lilyslim.com/6BFTp8.png]

[COLOR="Purple"][SIZE="1"]Goal 01: 75Kg .......................... accomplished!
      Goal 02: 70kg .......................... accomplished!
      Goal 03: 65kg
      Goal 04: 59kg[/SIZE][/COLOR]
    • @James&Liz if you go to this thread I do explain how to watch a thread towards the end of the first post (last screenshot) and then a following post with another screen shot: Important: New Email Subscriptions and Notifications