Chicken and other Poultry Recipes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Chicken and other Poultry Recipes

Chuck all your yummy chicken recipes in here...

Oh I should state the recipes I just quoted below are the recipes from our original chicken thread that was deleted by a hacker which some of our members had saved on our computer. Unfortunately this means the original authors of the recipes were lost, but if any of you out there that see this are the author of any of these recipes please send me a PM and I will happily credit you for them.

Almond Chicken

Almond Chicken (slow cooker)

Almond Chicken Salad

Butterflied Lemony Roast Chicken

Cajun Grilled Chicken Breasts

Chicken, Bacon, Asparagus & Mushroom Risotto

CHICKEN BREASTS WITH BOCONCCINI,SUN DRIED TOMATOES AND BASIL

Chicken Cabbage Alfredo

Chicken Campagnola

Chicken Cordon Bleu

Chicken and Mushroom Paprika

Chicken & Mushroom Scallopine

Chicken and Veg Alfredo

Chicken and Vegetable Medley

CHICKEN & VEGETABLE SOUP

Chicken and Zucchini Pasta

CHICKEN IN MUSHROOM CREAM SAUCE - YUMMY

Chicken legs with tomatoes

Chicken Parma

Chicken Stew with Wine

chicken with cheese sauce

Chicken with Indian Spices

Chicken with Thai Basil and Chillies

Coconut Chicken

Coriander lime chicken + chilli mayo

Cream and mustard chicken

Creamy Cheesy Chicken

Creamy Chicken Crepes

Creamy coconut chicken stir-fry

Crockpot Chicken Paprika -- Low Carb

Crock pot GARLIC GARLIC GARLIC Chicken!

Divine Red Curry

Easy Chicken Pancakes

Easy Garlic Chicken

Easy Cajun Spiced Chicken

Family Chicken Pie

Garlic Chicken

GEORGE STELLA'S EASY CHEESY CHILI CHICKEN

GRILLED "SMOTHERED" CHICKEN

HOME STYLE CHICKEN PACKETS

Hot Chilli Chicken

Individual Chicken Rolled Roast

Jerk Chicken Marinade

Lemon and Garlic Roast Chicken

Lemon feta chicken

Lenards Chicken Mignon

Mango Chicken

Moist Chicken for low carb salads and other meals

Mushroom Chicken

NANCY'S EASY CHUNKY CHICKEN & VEGETABLE SOUP

Odille's Monterey Chicken

OPOR AYAM WHITE CHICKEN CURRY

Pan Fried Coconut Chicken Recipe

PARMESAN CHICKEN

PIZZA CHICKEN

Poached chicken breast

Polla alla cacciatora

Ricotta-basil chicken & Wilted tomatoes

SALSA CHICKEN

SEOUL CHICKEN

Singing Chicken

Stuffed Chicken Breasts

Stuffed Chicken Chops

Thai Chicken Patties

Turkey Meatloaf

Warm Chicken Salad

Yummiest Moist Chicken Breasts

ZUCCHINI ALFREDO WITH GRILLED CHICKEN
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: add recipe ().

• Almond Chicken

Almond Chicken

Ingredients :

4x chicken breast halves skinned, boned
      1 lrg egg
      1/2 tsp dried tarragon crumbled
      3/4 cup sliced almonds finely minced
      1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
      2 tbl olive oil
      2 tbl unsalted butter
      Salt to taste
      Freshly-ground white pepper to taste
      Blanched almond flour for dredging
      Lemon wedges for serving

Method :

* Place chicken breast halves between two sheets of plastic wrap and lightly pound to an even 1/2-inch thickness. In a shallow bowl, beat the egg and add the tarragon; season with salt and pepper. On a plate, combine the minced almonds and Parmesan cheese.
      * Heat oil and butter in a skillet large enough to hold chicken pieces without them touching each other. Dust the chicken breasts with almond flour and dip in egg and then in almond/cheese mixture to coat completely. Immediately transfer them to the skillet and saute until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes per side. (To make sure that the chicken is cooked right through, cut into a piece. It should be pearly white, not pink in the middle.) Transfer to heated plates, season lightly with salt and pepper, garnish with lemon wedges.
      * This recipe yields 4 servings

fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.cgi?r=2640
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

• Almond Chicken (slow cooker)

Almond Chicken

Ingredients :

1 can (14 ozs.) chicken broth
      1 slc bacon, diced
      2 tbl butter
      3/4 x to 1 lb. boned chicken breasts, cut into 1-inch pcs.
      1 1/2 cup diagonally sliced celery
      1 sm onion, sliced
      1 can (4 ozs.) sliced mushrooms, drained
      2 tbl soy sauce
      1/2 tsp salt
      Hot cooked rice (replace with something suitable)
      2/3 cup slivered almonds, toasted

Method :

* Pour chicken broth into crock-pot. Cover and turn to High.

* In large skillet, heat bacon and butter; add chicken pieces and brown quickly on all sides. With slotted spoon, remove browned chicken to crock-pot. Quickly saute celery, onion and mushrooms in skillet until just slightly limp.

* Add contents of skillet to crock-pot with soy sauce and salt; stir well. Cover and cook on Low 6-8 hrs. or on High 3-4 hrs.

* Serve over the hot fluffy rice and garnish with toasted almonds. 4 servings and we love this!

fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.cgi?r=2639

• Creamy Cheesy Chicken

Originally posted by Nikkles
      Hey Sherrie,

I was looking through some of my word docs, that I have in a low carb folder and found some chicken recipes from here.

Is this recipe the one you wanted? I hope it's the one you wanted! :)

----------------------------------------------------

Creamy Cheesy Chicken

INGREDIENTS:

Oil to coat pan
      1 clove garlic
      200g chicken breast, diced
      ½ cup broccoli, cut up
      ½ cup cauliflower, cut up
      ¼ cup cream, could maybe adjust that amount
      1 tablespoon Parmesan cheese
      Pepper & salt

METHOD:

Sauté garlic in oil add chicken and stir fry over heat until nearly cooked add salt and pepper, remove chicken.

Add veggies to pan stir-fry for a few minutes, add about 2 tablespoons of water, lower heat and steam till tender. Return cooked chicken to pan. Add cream and bring to boil stirring frequently until sauce cooks down and thickens. Add cheese stir until melted. Serve.

All the family loves this recipe as well.

Serves 2 P 27 F24 C2

---------------------------------------

Nicole

• Easy Cajun Spiced Chicken

Originally posted by snez

Easy Cajun Spiced Chicken

Prep time: 10 mins
      Marinating time: at least 1 hour more for better flavours
      Cooking time: 25-40 mins depending on size of individual chicken breasts.

Ingredients:
      500g chicken breast (no skin or bones)
      Cajun Spice mix
      1 large clove of garlic (more if you like it garlicky!)
      1 medium sized lemon
      Freshly ground pepper
      Pinch of Salt
      Olive Oil

Method:
      Get a dish large enough for the chicken pieces to lay side by side and high enough for marinating.
      Lay the chicken pieces flat and sprinkle the chopped garlic over them. Cover with a generous sprinkling of cajun spices. Squeeze the juice of the lemon into the dish and swish the pieces around to ensure they are covered.
      Leave in the fridge covered with plastic wrap for at least one hour.
      During that time you should turn the pieces over and sprinkle some more cajun spices.
      I like to leave them marinating for around 2 hours.
      Preheat oven to 180C
      Get a baking dish and brush base with olive oil. Lay chicken side by side and brush top with olive oil.
      Bake for 25-40 minutes until cooked through.

You can eat this with veggies or or I like to wait until it has cooled down, slice it and dress further with a little mayo and place on a bed of salad.

• Chicken with Indian Spices

Chicken with Indian Spices

- Serves 2 - (P 25 F 23 C 6 per serve without the vegies)

1 tblsp butter
      200gr skinless chicken breast cut into strips
      1 tsp cumin
      1 tsp tumeric
      1/4 to 1/2 tsp dried chilli flakes (optional) but I like spicy foods
      1 tsp minced garlic
      6 tblsp light sour cream
      1/2 cup chicken stock (I use Masterfoods Chicken Concentrated stock, they are in little portion packs and only 1.5 carbs per portion when made up to a cup, I will freeze half to use next time)

Melt butter on med-high heat, add chicken strips and saute for about 2 mins.
      Add cumin, tumeric, chilli flakes and garlic, cook for further 2 mins stirring occasionally.
      Add chicken stock, bring to boil, lower heat to low and simmer for 10 mins stirring occasionally (I simmer till almost all liquid is gone as that results in a thicker sauce)
      Slowly add sour cream and simmer until heated through.
      Serve

I add my vegies before the sour cream to cook, my favs are cauliflower, zucchini & green capsicum.

• Mushroom Chicken

Mushroom Chicken

This one I found in the Sunday Times.
      Prep time 5mins
      cooking time 15mins
      serves 4

1tblspn oil
      4X126g chicken breast fillets
      4 cups sliced mushroom
      1 cup chicken stock.

Brown chicken in hot oil in a frying pan.Drain
      Add mushrooms and stock.Cover and simmer
      for 10mins or until chicken is cooked.
      This would be lovely with mock mashed potato
      and broccoli with grated cheese.

• Originally posted by snez

Individual Chicken Rolled Roast

I made up this receipe last night... and it was so good, my partner wants me to make it again! I hope you all like it as much as we did!

Chicken Roast - per person ( P 60.4g F 15.2g C 1g)
      200g Chicken Breast - butterflied and thinned out with a meat hammer
      25g Bacon Peices
      1 tblspoon of Philly Light Cream Cheese (spread to keep it closed when rolled)
      20g Light and Tasty Cheese
      an Asparagus Spear

Cook bacon and asparagus together, spread along one edge of the chicken, place cheese in the middle and roll. Use philly to hold last half of fillet together.
      Place in oven and bake for 20-25 mins.

Sauce - serves 2 ( P 1.8g F 2.2g C .8g)
      50g Mushrooms - fresh
      30g light cream
      Tabasco or any type of no carb hot sauce
      cut muchrooms how you like and cook, add hot sauce and cream.

Vegies - serves 2 (P 7.2g F 5.8g C 3.2g)
      300g mixed cream vegies & half a cup of light and tasty cheese - grated

Cook vegies until soft enough to mash, add cheese!

I put the mash in the middle of a plate, chicken in the middle of it and the sauce over the top! It was sensational!

total PFC for the dish per person.... P 64.9g F 19.2g C 3g

• Chicken and Mushroom Paprika

Chicken and Mushroom Paprika

I'm posting this recipe as I made it last Friday and it was the most tastiest dish I've had in a long time. I'm actually making it again tonight as my partner had the flu and could'nt taste it last time.

4 Chicken breasts fillets trimmed and cubed.
      1/4 cup plain flour ( what I did was use around 1-2tbl wholemeal seasoned with black pepper and salt but you may want to cut it out completely)
      30g butter
      1Tbl Olive oil
      1 onion finely chopped (I used half a small one)
      2 cloves of Garlic crushed
      250g sliced mushroom
      1Tbl sweet paprika
      1Tbl Tomato paste
      1/2 cup chicken stock
      1/3 cup sour cream
      2Tbl finely chopped fresh parsley

I added a small amount of mixed herbs and a tad more liquid and probably a tad more sour cream .

Coat chicken in flour, (what I do is put the flour and chicken in a freezer bag and shake it), heat half butter and oil in pan and fry chicken in small batches untill brown, remove from pan and set aside.
      Heat remaining butter and oil in pan and add onion and garlic cooking untill soft. Add mushrooms and cook untill tender.
      Return chicken to pan. Combine stock, paprika, tomatoe paste and mixed herbs in a bowl and add to pan. Season to taste.
      Bring to boil and simmer untill chicken is cooked. Stir in sour cream and heat but do not boil.
      Serve sprinkled with the fresh parsley.

Serves 4
      The PFC per serve is 54 25 10 with 480 calories unaltered.

Removing flour you lose 7g carb per serve so thats 3carb per serve, if you use 2tbl wholemeal then its around 6-7 carb per serve.

• Oooh snez I just realised thats my chicken paprika recipe I had totally forgotton about this and not had it for ages, thanks for finding it!

• Warm Chicken Salad

Warm Chicken Salad

1/4 cup butter, divided
      Two whole chicken breasts (skinned, boned and cut into thin strips)
      1/3 cup chopped red pepper
      1 cup cooked asparagus pieces
      2 tablespoons minced shallots
      1 teaspoon dried tarragon (or 1-tablespoon fresh, minced)
      1 cup whipping cream
      1 tablespoon Dijon-style prepared mustard
      1/4 cup toasted almonds

Directions:
      Over low heat, melt 2-tablespoons butter in large skillet. Saute chicken pieces until cooked throughout. Meanwhile, melt remaining 2-tablespoons butter in medium-sized skillet. Cook red pepper, asparagus, shallots and tarragon over medium heat until vegetables are tender, about five minutes. Set aside. Add whipping cream to chicken. Heat to boiling, stirring frequently. Reduce heat to low, stirring constantly until cream is reduced and thickened, about five minutes. Stir in vegetable mixture and mustard, cooking until thoroughly heated. Sprinkle with almonds and serve immediately.

Recipe makes five, 2/3-cup servings; 2.1 carbohydrates per serving

• Cajun Grilled Chicken Breasts

Cajun Grilled Chicken Breasts

4 boneless chicken breast halves
      2 teaspoon olive oil
      2 teaspoon Cajun blended spice mix
      1 tablespoon parsley, chopped

Directions:
      Prepare grill or broiler. Place chicken between 2 sheets of plastic wrap and pound lightly with a mallet or other heavy flat object to flatten slightly. Brush both sides of chicken with oil and sprinkle with spice. Grill or broil 4-6 minutes per side 5 inches from heat source until cooked through. Serve sprinkled with parsley.

Nutrition information per serving:
      Calories: 224
      Fat: 4.6g
      Cholesterol: 106mg
      Protein: 42g
      Carbohydrate: 0.6g
      Fiber: 0.1g
      Sodium: 356

• Chicken Cordon Bleu

Chicken Cordon Bleu

4 boneless, skinless chicken-breast halves (about 5 ounces each)
      4 thin slices cooked ham
      4 teaspoons Dijon-style mustard
      4 thin slices Swiss cheese
      4 tablespoons butter

Directions:
      Preheat the oven to 350 degrees. Slice each chicken breast horizontally to form a pocket.

Brush each ham slice with mustard and fold in half. Fold a cheese slice around each ham slice. Insert in pockets of chicken and secure with toothpicks.

Melt butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Cook chicken in butter until browned, about 4 minutes per side.

Place skillet in oven. Bake chicken until an instant-read thermometer inserted in center of the meat registers 180F, 15 to 20 minutes.

Variation:
      Turn this recipe into a hearty Reuben-style chicken dish by using prepared Thousand Island dressing instead of Dijon-style mustard and serving the chicken with sauerkraut and slices of toasted rye bread. It's not quite as low carb as Chicken Cordon Bleu, but it's close!

Nutrition information per serving: Calories: 294
      Protein: 15g
      Fat: 1g
      Carbohydrates: 1g
      Sodium: 405
      Cholesterol: 120mg
      Fiber: 0

• Singing Chicken

Singing Chicken

2 to 3 tablespoons vegetable oil, preferably peanut
      1 tablespoon grated gingerroot
      1 teaspoon minced garlic or 2 cloves garlic,crushed
      1-1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breast, cut crosswise into thin slices*
      2 tablespoons Splenda
      1/4 cup soy sauce
      1 teaspoon fish sauce
      3/4 cup dry white wine
      1 fresh jalapeno, or 2 or 3 little red chilies, finely minced
      1 teaspoon pepper
      Guar or xanthan

Directions:
      *This is easiest if the meat is half-frozen.

Have the chicken sliced, the ingredients measured, the pepper minced and everything standing by and ready to go before starting to cook - once you start stir-frying, this goes very quickly.

Put a wok or heavy skillet over high heat. Add the oil, let it heat for a minute or so, then add the ginger and garlic. Stir for one minute to flavor the oil. Add the chicken, and stir-fry for 1 to 2 minutes. Add the Splenda, soy sauce, fish sauce, white wine, jalapeno and pepper, stirring often, for 7 to 8 minutes or until the chicken is cooked through. Thicken pan juices very slightly with guar or xanthan and serve.

Yield: 3 or 4 servings. Assuming 4 servings, each will have 4 grams of carbohydrates, a trace of fiber and 39 grams of protein.

• Chicken with Cheese Sauce

chicken with cheese sauce

i cooked this two nights ago and it was divine. i expected it to be really rich but it was perfect.

serves 2

2 chicken fillets, skin off, pounded flat to about 2cms
      1 clove garlic
      chopped rosemary and oregano
      about 1 tbsp butter
      2 rashers bacon
      black pepper
      2 tbl cream
      1/4 cup grated cheese
      1 tbl parmesan cheese.

melt the butter and add garlic, herbs and pepper and cook for 1 or 2 mins. don't burn garlic. lay out foil and place one piece of bacon on each piece of foil. brush one side of the chicken, lay brushed side on bacon then brush other side. roll up bacon and chicken and wrap in foil so there will be no leaks. cook in oven at 180d for about 25-30 mins.

heat cream in saucepan (you may need to add a little extra so keep cream handy) until it is runny, then addd cheese bit by bit until melted. if your sauce is too thick or the cheese is sticking to the pan, add a little more cream. add parmesan and stir, serve over chicken.

Just noticed this was originally posted by Sam: apinchofhealth.com/forum/vbb/showthread.php?threadid=1880

• Almond Chicken Salad

Almond Chicken Salad

Ingredients :

3 cup cubed cooked chicken
      1 cup celery
      1/4 cup blanched almonds, toasted
      2 x or 3 hard cooked eggs
      2 tbl sliced green onion
      salt and pepper to taste
      1/2 cup mayonnaise
      2 tbl lemon juice

Method :

* Combine chicken, celery, almonds, eggs and onion. Season with salt and pepper. Combine mayonnaise and lemon juice. Add to chicken. Toss lightly. Chill and serve on lettuce. You may add a dash of garlic powder to give it a kick, I always do!

fooddownunder.com/cgi-bin/recipe.cgi?r=2650

• I found this one in my document files. I don't know who put this one up, and there's no nutritional info on it.

Thai Chicken Patties

Sorry but I haven't done a carb count.

INGREDIENTS:

1 kg chicken mince
      1 big handful coriander, chopped finely
      1 big handful thai mint, chopped finely
      2 cm cube ginger, chopped finely
      Chives, chopped
      1 cup bread crumbs
      1 egg
      1 small chilli, seeds removed and chopped finely
      Juice of 1 lime
      1 tablespoon fish sauce (optional)
      Salt & pepper

METHOD:

Put all ingredients into bowl and mix thoroughly with hands until they're all even mixed through.

Roll into patties (1 made around 22) flatten, and fry until golden brown in 1 tablespoon olive oil on high heat.
      "None of us really changes over time; we only become more fully what we are."
    • Chicken & Mushroom Scallopine

Chicken & Mushroom Scallopine

Ingredients
      30g Australian butter
      4 chicken fillets, skin removed
      4 slices ham - I USED BACON
      150g mushrooms, sliced
      2 spring onions, finely chopped
      1 clove garlic, crushed
      ¼ cup dry white wine - I DIDN'T ADD WINE - (Used extra stock)
      ½ cup chicken stock
      300ml pure cream
      ¼ cup parsley, chopped
      freshly ground black pepper

Method
      Melt the butter in a frypan. Cook the chicken fillets approximately 5
      minutes on each side, until tender. Remove from pan. Fold a slice of
      ham in half and wrap around each fillet, keep warm.

Add mushrooms, spring onions and garlic to the pan, sauté until
      tender. Add wine and stock, bring to the boil and reduce by half.

Add cream, and reheat without boiling. Season with parsley and
      pepper, pour over chicken and serve.

• Crockpot Chicken Paprika -- Low Carb

Crockpot Chicken Paprika -- Low Carb

4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
      4 medium zucchini, sliced
      1 medium onion, peeled and sliced
      1 cup water
      3 tablespoons oil
      2 tablespoons paprika
      1 teaspoon salt

Place 4 chicken breasts in the bottom of the crockpot.
      Sprinkle with half of the paprika.
      Then, cover with a layer of zucchini and onions.
      Add the oil, then sprinkle generously with the rest of the paprika.
      Pour the cup of water into the crockpot (down the side to not wash the paprika away).
      Cook on low temperature 6-8 hours.

• Cream and Mustard Chicken

Originally posted by beckster
      Cream and mustard chicken

Last I experimented a bit and came up with a delicious dinner recipe. You just fried strips of chicken to brown them and then cook them in cream, mustard and a little bit of honey (you don't need much so I think the carbs would be very small particularly when it fed 6 people). It was great! I also added some brocoli and zuchini and warmed some cheese through it at the end. And a dash of pepper finished it off. The others had theirs over pasta but I just had the chicken and it was very filling. I think it would also be good with mushrooms.