Seafood recipes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• From Datto's diary :)

Tuna Bake

datto54 wrote:

so the recipe for the tuna back is dead simple

1 whole brocolli tree chopped
      half a cauli (or more if ya want) chopped
      1 small onion sliced
      1 zuccini chopped
      1 big tin of tuna (250g i think)
      tub of cream and cup of cheese grated.

in big over proof tray chuck in all vegies and drained tuna and mix around, pour over cream, sprinkle on cheese in the oven for about 20 mins (till cheese is going slightly brown on top) whip outta the oven, onto a plate and eat! yum yum

and it freezes really well.

I think im going to up the amount of tuna in it cos its a really big bake and i think i want more protien in there. can someone do the carb count for it? i get about 6 meals outta it.
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • Re: Seafood recipes

Just found this on carb-lite website, so making this for dindins!!

BAKED SALMON IN WHITE WINE

Recipe By :cdkitchen
      Serving Size : 6 Preparation Time :0:30
      Categories : 5-10G Low Carb Seafood Fish Oily
      Seafood Fish-Salmon

Amount Measure Ingredient -- Preparation Method
      -------- ------------ --------------------------------
      3 lb Salmon Fillets -- 1.5k
      1/2 Onion -- Thickly Sliced
      3 Shallots -- minced
      1 cup Mushrooms -- sliced
      1 tbsp Lemon Juice
      Salt And Pepper -- To Taste
      1 pinch Nutmeg
      1 pinch Ground cloves
      Dry White Wine
      2 tbsp Brandy
      2 tbsp Flour
      2 tbsp Soft Butter
      1 dash Cayenne
      Parsley Sprigs -- optional
      Lemon Slices -- optional

Dry fish with paper towels. Butter a large baking dish and arrange fish in it. Separate onions into rings. Scatter over fish. Combine shallots, mushrooms, lemon juice, salt, pepper, nutmeg and cloves. Sprinkle over fish and onions. Almost cover fish with wine. Bake at 350°F-180°Cfor 20 to 30 minutes, or until fish flakes. Remove from oven. With a baster, remove all cooking liquid to a small saucepaan. Reduce liquid over high heat to 1-1/4 cups. Warm brandy in a ladle. Light it carefully. Pour flaming brandy into reduced liquid. Cream together flour and butter. Add to liquid. Stir mixture constantly over medium heat. When thick, add cayenne and pour over fish. Garnish with parsley and lemons.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 318 Calories; 10g Fat (31.8% calories from fat); 46g Protein; 4g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; 125mg Cholesterol; 180mg Sodium. Exchanges: 0 Grain(Starch); 6 1/2 Lean Meat; 1/2 Vegetable; 0 Fruit; 1/2 Fat.

NOTES : The AUSSIE Low Carb Gourmet Tony Blakemore
      "Looking back..it never took that long"
      Me

salmon patties

1 (415 grams) can salmon, well drained and flaked
      4 Tbsp chopped spring onion, including the green parts
      2 medium garlic cloves, minced
      1 Tbsp fresh chopped dill weed, or 1 teaspoon dried
      3 Tbsp minced green bell pepper (roughly 1/2 bell pepper)
      1 egg
      1/2 teaspoon sweet paprika
      2 Tbsp heavy cream
      salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
      olive oil to fry

mix all ingredients together, pour in cream last. before pouring in the cream check the paste and remove any liquid. form into 6-8 patties and fry about 3-4 mins on each side.
      - Thought creates reality and then says I didn't do it! -

I am sorry it has been a few years since i made this so i am relying on memory for the recipe ingredients, therefore the ingredients are very adaptable.

It was a lot of fun and i imagine around a camp fire, over coals, or on the b.b.q like i did with friends around it would be great.

three prawns
      couple of slices of garlic
      salt, pepper
      chopped shallots
      knob of butter
      squeeze of lemon

Place all the ingredients in the very centre and in a upwards pile on some aluminium foil that is about 40cm. long.
      Fold the foil in half and seal the top edge by folding it over only 2cm. Repeat that on both sides but before you seal the last side remove as much air as possible.
      It should now look a bit like a flat pillow above the prepared prawns at the base of it.
      Fold the top again tightly followed by folding each side again and then fold each side once more. Hopefully it will now be about the size of two envelope, with the meal at the base and some empty flat foil above it.

Place on hot coals and get ready
      Once the butter has melted and all the juices start to boil the steam will quite quickly blow up the pillow like a balloon.
      A lot of fun
    • Re: TUNA "RICE" CASSEROLE

Hopefully i've messaged this in the correct way :)

Seafood Marinara

1x 405 g can of woolworths brand italian tomatoes with basil, Garlic and onion.
      Tsp Ginger, fresh, diced
      1xmedium onion, diced
      salt and pepper to taste
      500 g seafood marinara mix, fresh from the deli
      100ml cream, optional (if u want a creamy tomato base, then use this,i find it nice either way)
      spaghetti for the carb eaters
      zucchini noodles for the low carb eaters
      Parmesan

Method

Fry ginger and Onion in a lge frypan untill onion is transparent, add tin tomato's and simmer for 5 0r 10 mins.Put spaghetti on to boil now, or if using zucchini noodles, saute them in a separate frypan and keep warm. Add seafood and simmer untill cooked, about 15 mins. Add the cream now if using it and heat thru.Put spaghetti/ zucchini in bowl's and top with marinara/sauce mix. serve topped with parmesan cheese..

I also sometimes add bok choy to mine at the cream stage.

serves 4, quite lge serves.

I could be wrong but in my calculations this meal is around 4g's carb and 2.20g's sugar per serve

:)

Salmon, dill pickle and egg salad

No fishy salmon taste :) here

1 420g can salmon, drained flaked and deboned
      1/4 cup chopped onion
      1/4 cup green capsicum
      1/4 cup chopped dill cucumbers (Polish ones)
      1/4 cup liquid from dill cucumbers
      3 hard boiled eggs, chopped
      2 tabsp sour cream

Mix all ingredients and add serve with lettuce, etc.

Just a quick simple recipie I like to use:

Garlic, Corriander & Chili Prawns.

In a mortar and pestal mix in the following to a paste

2 cloves of garlic
      1/2 cup fresh corriander
      1 mild chili

I like to put this mix in with the prawns half way through cooking so it doesnt burn. Alternativly I'm sure you could use other meats - chicken ect.
    • Salmon-bake

I've found a whole lot of yummy recipes involving meat, but not so many recipes with fish. Of course, fish in itself is perfect low carb food, just bake a piece of salmon in the oven and have it with an interesting salad and some dressing. But being Scandinavian and having grown up with all kinds of fish-recipes, I was longing to make something more exciting with fish.

Then I found this gratinated salmon recipe, from the wonderful blog linn-sin-verden.blogspot.com
      I've translated it to English:

500 grams of salmon
      1/2 cauliflower
      1/2 capsicum
      1 onion
      1 tub of Creme Fraiche
      1 packet of chopped, frozen spinach
      Grated cheese
      Salt, pepper and dill

Dice salmon and put in a heat-resistant tray. Add cauliflower- buquettes, chopped capsicum and chopped onion. Sprinkle on some salt, pepper and dill. Mix ingredients together. Then make a dressing of the Creme Fraiche and the spinach (defrosted), and spread it on top of the fish-and vegetable mix. Lastly, add a generous sprinkling of grated cheese on top.

Bake in the oven on 200 degrees Celsius for approximately 25 minutes.

Easy as that! This recipe is enough to make 3 dinners for me and my partner.

Fetta and Seafood Stew

500gs marinara mix
      250gs cauliflower florets
      1 tin tomatoes
      100gs fetta (crumbled)
      1/2 teaspoon salt
      1/2 small onion chopped fine
      2 cloves garlic
      1/2 cup white wine
      2 teaspoons mixed italian herbs

Sautee onion for 2 minutes, then add garlic and sautee for another minute. Add the tomatoes, wine, salt, herbs and cauliflower and cook for about ten minutes until reduced and cauli is mostly cooked. Add seafood and cook for about 5 - 10 minutes. Add crumbled cheese and mix and then serve.
      :)