Low Carb Cookie recipes

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

Welcome to our Australian Low Carb Forums. Join us for free support, information and recipes to help you with your low carb diet. We're a friendly bunch so please register and join in the fray, but most of all have fun! If you like us please share and spread the love!

• Greek Almond Biscuits

Greek Almond Biscuits

These are a traditional Greek almond biscuit.

Makes about 25 biscuits.

Ingredients:
      3 cups almond meal
      1 cup caster sugar (we could substitute with granular spenda, xylitol etc..._
      3 drops almond essence
      3 egg whites, lightly beaten
      1 cup flaked almonds

Method:
      Combine the almond meal, sugar and almond essence in a large bowl. Add the egg whites and stir until the mixture forms a firm paste. Do not overmix.

Roll a tablespoon of the mixture into the flaked almonds, and then roll into an 8cm long roll. Repeat until all the mixture is used. Press the remaining almonds onto the rolls.

Shape the rolls into crescents or other shapes, and place on baking paper-lined oven trays. Bake in a moderate oven (180c) for about 15 mins or until lightly browned. Cool on trays.

melba.vu.edu.au/~rhh/recipes/grkalbsc.html
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

Let me know if you think of anything else handy from the site to put here.
    • Almond and Coconut Cookies

This recipe came from Rossana, I like to add some almond flakes and vanilla extract to it as well:

Almond and Coconut Cookies

1 cup almond meal
      1/2 cup dessicated coconut
      About 50g softened butter
      1/4 cup splenda
      1 egg
      1 tspn baking powder

Preheat oven to about 160 C
      Mix all together and roll into little balls about 2.5cm in diameter.
      Place on baking tray lined with baking paper and squash the balls with the back of a fork until about 1cm high
      Bake for about 15-20 minutes....
      Try one to see if they are done (the best part of the process!!)
      Low Carb in a Nutshell ~ Carb Counts ~ Research ~ Measurements/Conversions ~ Glossary

The post was edited 1 time, last by Sherrie: vanilla ().

• Ginger Snaps

Kim-Louise or Sammiejam posted this

Ginger Snaps

2 cups cashew flour (almond flour works well too)
      1 stick softened butter
      1/2 cup granular splenda
      1 tbsp water
      1 1/2 tsp ground ginger
      1 tsp cinnamon
      1/4 tsp nutmeg
      1/4 tsp ground cloves
      1/2 tsp salt

Combine all ingredients well. Form into small balls and placed on greased cookie sheet. Bake at 300* for about 20 minutes. After 5 minutes in the oven, press cookies down lightly with a fork, then continue with baking.
      For Peanut Butter cookies. Add 1/2 cup sugar free chunky peanut butter and 1 tea vanilla flavouring. Omit the ginger, cinnamon nutmeg, and ground cloves.

• I think Kim-Louise or Sammiejam posted this aswell

Peanut Butter Cookies

1/2 cup chunky or smooth (sugarless/natural) peanut butter
      1/2 cup Splenda 2 Tablespoon Brown Sugar Twin
      3/4 cup heavy cream
      1/2 cup chopped pecans, almond pieces or broken hazelnuts
      1/2 teaspoon baking powder
      4 Tablespoons almond flour
      1 Tablespoon macadamia nut flour (optional)
      2 teaspoons vanilla extract

Preheat oven to 375°F. Mix all ingredients well and drop onto greased cookie sheet by teaspoonfuls. Bake about 10 minutes, or until set but not hard. Be careful not to burn!

Total carbs in recipe: 38. If making 10 large cookies, they are 3.8 carbs each. If making 16 smaller cookies, they are 2.4 carbs each.

• Vanilla Cookies

Vanilla Cookies

125g Ground Almond Flour (1 1/4 cups)
      115g Butter (1 stick)
      6 - 9TBS Splenda (1/2 - 3/4 cup)
      1 egg
      1 TBS Cream
      1 tsp baking powder
      1/4 tsp Xanthum Gum (optional but helps hold everything together)
      (1 tsp vanilla essesnce) - optional
      (1 tsp lemon essence) - optional

Preheat oven to 180*C

Cream butter and splenda together until light and fluffy.

Add Egg, Cream, Vanilla and/or lemon essence and beat well.

Add Flour, Baking powder and Xanthum Gum and beat well.

Spoon onto a greased baking tray - I make about 16 medium sized 'blobs' about 1 and a half inches apart.

Bake for about 15 mins or until golden brown and allow to cool (and go all gooey!)

I make it approx. 23g for the whole mixture (I use 9TBS splenda because I like them really sticky) which works out at less than 1.5g carbohydrate per biccie...
      I have use the 20 splenda tablets and it worked out fine.

• CHOCOLATE NUT COOKIES

CHOCOLATE NUT COOKIES

1 cup Whey Protein Isolate -- chocolate
      1/2 cup splenda
      1/4 cup heavy cream
      2 tsp vanilla
      2 tsp baking powder
      2 eggs
      1/4 cup water
      2 tbsp chopped peanuts

Mix all dry ingredients.
      Stir all moist ingredients.
      Fold in dry mix.
      Drop by spoonful onto cookie sheet
      Bake at 350°F-180°C for 10 min.
      Makes 30 cookies.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 16 Calories; 1g Fat (76.7% calories from fat); 1g Protein; trace Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fibre; 15mg Cholesterol; 37mg Sodium.

• DEBBIE'S LC ALMOND COOKIES

DEBBIE'S LC ALMOND COOKIES

1 cup almond butter
      1/4 cup butter -- (1/2 stick)
      1 tsp almond extract
      1 egg
      1/4 cup flax seeds -- ground to meal
      1/4 cup Whey Protein Isolate
      1/2 cup splenda

Melt butter in microwave or over low heat. Remove from heat source and stir in the almond butter. Then add eggs, sweetener and almond extract.

When smoothly blended add in protein powder and flax meal.

Take small chunks of dough and roll into balls (a bit less than one inch 25 mm) and place on ungreased baking sheets.

At this size the recipe should make about 2 dozen cookies.

After they are all on baking sheet flatten the balls tightly with tines of a fork.

Bake at 325°F-160°C for about 15 minutes, and then cool.

Per Serving (excluding unknown items): 94 Calories; 9g Fat (80.1% calories from fat); 2g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fibre; 13mg Cholesterol; 24mg Sodium.

• Almond Biscuits

Originally posted by Kosmos

Almond Biscuits

Ingredients :

125g butter (unsalted would be best)
      1 - 1.5 cups ground Almonds
      0.5 cup chopped walnuts
      0.5 cup splenda or to taste
      2 tsp cinnamon
      1 tsp ground cloves
      1 egg
      1/3 cup flaxmeal

Method :

Preheat oven to about 190-200.

Soften butter, and use electric mixer to blend butter, spices, and splenda until creamed. Add egg and beat well. Add Flaxmeal. Mix in as much ground almonds as needed to make a firm dough. Then mix in walnuts last. Adjust spices to suit your preferences.

Grease or spray oven trays. Put walnut sized balls of dough on tray and flatten slightly with a fork. They will spread a bit. Bake until browned, about 10-12 minutes. Don't let them burn, (oops!).

These biscuits need to be put on a cooling rack, and are quite crisp and fragile. But the crumbs still taste good!.

Of course all flavours can be made from the basic recipie, and instead of walnuts leave them plain and put half a blanched almond on top of each one. With the addition of some cocoa I think chocolate is a possibility, but I haven't tried that yet. Or add orange or lemon essence and rind.....

As far as I can tell minus fibre count the carbs should be 42 for the whole mix. Should be able to get a biscuit per carb, I think.

If you can use another sweetener the carbs can be significantly reduced. The splenda alone is about 17 carbs. I am about to experiment with stevia soon in cooking and will let you know how it goes.

Good Luck !

• CHEWY COCONUT MACAROONS

Might be good to use the angel coconut in this:

CHEWY COCONUT MACAROONS

1/3 cup almond flour, about 1 1/3 ounces
      1/4 teaspoon baking powder
      1/8 teaspoon salt
      2 eggs
      1 teaspoon vanilla
      1/4 teaspoon almond extract
      3/4 cup granulated Splenda or 1 1/4 teaspoons liquid Splenda
      1 tablespoon butter, melted
      2 2/3 cups unsweetened coconut, about 7 1/2 ounces

Mix together the almond flour, baking powder and salt in a small bowl; set aside. In medium bowl, beat together eggs, vanilla and almond extract until foamy. Gradually beat in Splenda. Blend in butter. Gradually add dry ingredients; mix well. Fold in coconut and mix until completely moistened.

Drop mixture by rounded tablespoons onto parchment-lined baking sheet. They can be close together since they do no spread while baking. With moistened fingers, gently press the mounds of coconut to shape and compress slightly. Bake at 325º for 13-15 minutes, checking before the minimum time. You want them well-browned around the edges, but not burnt.

Makes about 45 macaroons
      Can be frozen

With granular Splenda:
      Per Serving: 44 Calories; 4g Fat; 1g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
      Per Serving: 43 Calories; 4g Fat; 1g Protein; 1.5g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs

These are pretty tasty, but very fragile. They are more crumbly than chewy. I wonder if soaking the coconut first in a little water would make a more moist chewy cookie.

genaw.com/lowcarb/chewy_coconut_macaroons.html

• More Coconut Macaroons

Heres some converted old fashioned coconut macaroon recipes I have at home:

Coconut Macaroons 1

3 Egg Whites
      1 C Splenda (Maybe less for us)
      2 C Dessicated coconut
      1 tsp Cornflour
      2 oz chopped almonds
      Vanilla essence

Beat whites untill stiff, add splenda and beat over hot water untill a crust forms on the bottom.
      Take off hot water and fold in remaining ingredients (not sure if almonds are to be added here).
      Drop small quantities onto trays lined with baking paper and bake in a slow oven (325 F electric 350F Gas) for 20-30mins. You can put half an almond aside to place on top of each macaroon.

Coconut Macaroons 2

3 Egg whites
      Splenda Equivalent to 8 oz caster sugar
      6oz grated coconut
      Flavour to taste

Beat whites until very light, fold in remaining ingredients. Roll into pyramids and bake on trays lined with baking paper untill just coloured.
      Same temperature as above.

• ALMOND COOKIES

ALMOND COOKIES

1/2 cup butter, softened, 1 stick or 1/4 pound
      4 1/2 ounces almond flour, 1 cup plus 2 tablespoons
      1 cup granulated Splenda or 1 1/2 teaspoons liquid Splenda
      1 egg
      1/2 teaspoon vanilla
      1/2 teaspoon almond extract
      1/4 teaspoon baking soda
      1/4 teaspoon cream of tartar
      About 32 sliced almond pieces

In a medium bowl, beat butter on medium-high for about 30 seconds. Add about half the ground almonds, the 1 cup Splenda (or the liquid Splenda), the egg, vanilla, almond extract, baking soda and cream of tartar. Beat until well combined. Beat in remaining ground almonds. Cover and chill in bowl for 1 hour. Divide the chilled dough into 24-32 small balls, about 1-inch in diameter. Roll them quickly and gently because the dough softens fast. Place 2 inches apart on an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake at 350º 10-12 minutes until lightly browned at the edges. Carefully remove from pan to cooling rack or double layer of paper towels; cool.

Makes 24-32 small cookies
      Can be frozen

With granular Splenda:
      Per 2 cookies: 115 Calories; 11g Fat; 2g Protein; 3g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 2g Net Carbs

With liquid Splenda:
      Per 2 cookies: 109 Calories; 11g Fat; 2g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs

These use the same dough as Lori's Snickerdoodles, but I added the almond extract and omitted the cinnamon coating. They taste like a very delicate sugar cookie. I recommend storing them in the freezer. They are very fragile at room temperature.

genaw.com/lowcarb/almond_cookies.html

• GINGERSNAPS

GINGERSNAPS

3 ounces almond flour, 3/4 cup
      1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
      1/8 teaspoon ginger
      1/8 teaspoon cloves
      Pinch nutmeg
      Pinch allspice
      1/8 teaspoon salt
      1 egg white
      4 teaspoons granular Splenda or 3 drops Sweetzfree
      1/4 teaspoon blackstrap molasses
      1/8 teaspoon vanilla

In a small bowl, blend spices and salt with almond flour. Stir in remaining ingredients until well blended and a sticky dough forms. Drop dough by teaspoons in 24 tiny piles on parchment-lined 12x17" baking sheet. Very lightly and gently pick up each piece of dough and roll into a ball; put back on baking sheet making sure to space them evenly 6 across and 4 down. Cover the balls with plastic wrap (you can use a small piece and move it around as needed) and take a baking powder can, that has about an 1/8" rim around the bottom, and press down firmly over each ball of dough. Be sure to press all the way down to the baking sheet. Peel off the plastic wrap and repeat until all the cookies have been shaped. Prick them with a fork. You may have to gently hold the cookies down with one hand while pricking so that the dough stays put. Bake at 325º for 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan and cool on a rack.

Makes 24 cookies

Per Cookie: 22 Calories; 2g Fat; 1g Protein; 1g Carbohydrate; trace Dietary Fiber; .5g Net Carbs
      Per 2 Cookies: 43 Calories; 4g Fat; 2g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs

I got the idea for these from the Almond Thins crackers. The more I eat these the better I like them. In a way, they are like a sweet, crisp, spicy cracker and make a great snack. There is no significant difference in the carb count using granular or liquid Splenda.

genaw.com/lowcarb/gingersnaps.html

• COCONUT CRISPS

COCONUT CRISPS

1 ounce almond flour
      2 ounces unsweetened coconut, ground fine *
      1/8 teaspoon salt
      2 tablespoons granular Splenda or equivalent liquid Splenda
      1/8 teaspoon vanilla
      1 egg white

Mix all ingredients well in a small bowl. Everything should be moist and the dough should hold together. Drop dough by teaspoons onto parchment or silicone lined 12x17" baking sheet. Roll each piece of dough into a ball. I used a 1 teaspoon cookie scoop and skipped the rolling into a ball step. Cover the balls with plastic wrap (you can use a small piece and move it around as needed) and take a baking powder can, that has about an 1/8" rim around the bottom, and press down firmly over each ball of dough. Be sure to press all the way down to the baking sheet. Peel off the plastic wrap and repeat until all the crackers have been shaped.

Bake at 325º for 15-20 minutes, or until golden brown. You want them nice and brown, but don't let them get too dark or they'll taste burnt. It's ok for the centers to be a bit lighter than the outer edges, but they should not be pale.

Makes about 20 cookies
      Can be frozen

* I ground mine in my mini food processor until it looked like coarse meal.

Per 2 Cookies: 72 Calories; 7g Fat; 1g Protein; 2g Carbohydrate; 1g Dietary Fiber; 1g Net Carbs

I like these crispy cookies. At first I was afraid to let them get too brown, but then I decided to put them back into the oven until they were brown all over. Just be careful not to let them get too dark. I may try making an all coconut version (no almond flour) sometime and see if they'll have a little more coconut flavor.

genaw.com/lowcarb/coconut_crisps.html

• Re: Low Carb Cookie recipes

Peanut butter cookies

1 cup Protein powder
      ½ tsp baking powder
      1 dash salt
      1/6 cup butter
      ¼ cup peanut butter
      1 tsp vanilla
      2 eggs

Method
      Melt butter. Mix, will be more of a thick batter than a dough. Drop by teaspoons of
      about 50g size onto greased cookie sheet.
      Bake at 350°F-180°C for 8 minutes and enjoy.

Serves 5-6
    • Hi Sherrie I’ve just made the almond and coconut biscuit recipe and added the noshu choc chip and the white ones in seperate recipes. They look absolutely amazing. I’ll do the taste test soon.

So this is the before and after, after of recipe. It tasted so good and that was hubby’s dessert pic with 2 scoops of chocolate denada ice cream with a dollop of cream and 2 of the choc chip biscuits.

Great recipe Sherrie. I always end up back here for recipes :thumbsup: .

Sam xx
      Files
    • oh this is an old thread, I forgo5 about this one, I probably should update as I’m sure there’s other biscuit recipes here lik3 the macadamia shortbread which is my favourite.